My Redshift EX upgrades

Oded

Few modification -
1. Rekluse LHRB kit. Works well and retain the foot lever. Quite surprised by its quality.
2. Lowered Fastway footpegs. I admit thar the Redshift geometty fits me well (I am tall at 1.90m), but ai already had these footpegs, so gave them a try. Will post results.
3. Replaced the stock Metzler 6 days extreme tires, with my favorites Pirelli MT43 trial - enduro tires. Perfect for the rocky terrain I ride in.

Love the bike.IMG_20180310_214655894-1336x752.jpgIMG_20180402_160202595-1336x752.jpgIMG_20180215_073551176-1336x752.jpgIMG_20180305_204950571-1336x752.jpg

snydes

Staff member
Very nice. Do you find that you use the foot brake less and less with having the hand brake or do you still depend on it for certain situations?

Oded

Very nice. Do you find that you use the foot brake less and less with having the hand brake or do you still depend on it for certain situations?

I previously owned a Zero FX for 2 years, which had a left hand rear brake kit, instead of the brake lever. So, I am used to not using the foot brake. I have no problem unistalling it. Requires some getting used to for hard core IC bike's riders.

snydes

Staff member
Ok, just curious. I’m planning on adding the LHRB as well. Supposedly Alta is designing a kit but it sounds like the foot pedal will be eliminated, so I’m undecided which way I would want to go.

Oded

I did get a confirmation from Alta that there will not be a brake pedal. However, it is suppose to be a high end Brembo kit.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for uploading the pictures, Oded!

This looks like it is the latest Rekluse LHRB model. I have a few of their previous LHRB lever designs on my gas bikes, and I was not a big fan of those. Too spongy and not powerful enough. But this one looks more serious.

. . .

I noticed the max attachment is down to just 2MB again, after the server migration. I am working on fixing that, so that pics can be uploaded straight from smartphones or digital cameras.

Oded

I did have to resize the photos in order to upload them. No big deal.
How about using Tapatalk app for this forum? It is very convenient.

Thanks for the info about the older Rekluse models. It did take a day or two for the brake to feel stronger after installation, but perhaps, that was me getting used to it.