Mystery Hobbs Meter

allesad

Has anyone seen this before?
After an an-attended charging cycle, I powered up the bike and went directly to the toggle button on the display to see how many hours I had on the bike. Miles = 856, Hours = 00.00 WOW, never seen that before. I toggled back to miles and then back to hours and watched the 00.00 scroll up to 56.3 hrs.

Is this normal?

2017 MX, S/N 000036 Firmware 1_3 R2

Still, Best bike ever! Runs perfect. No wrenching...just riding.

bluefxstc

I have seen that before on my EX. I just turned it off and then back on. Everything seemed normal after that so I didn't worry about it and haven't seen it since. Granted, I rarely look at the hours so I probably wouldn't notice if it happened, but bike runs great so not worrying about it.

wwmotors

When You talk about strange things: I installed a light switch on my EXR, to be able to switch off the low beam, for riding on track or in the hall or woods, not to disturb with the light. If i start the bike and my special off-switch turned to OFF, i can not switch the low beam on any more. If i restart the bike, the low beam works like normal! So i think, the CAN checks the lights, when switching on, wether there is a light installed or not. The OFF-switch is in the 12V plus cable, which goes to the light bulb.

Judaslefourbe

When You talk about strange things: I installed a light switch on my EXR, to be able to switch off the low beam, for riding on track or in the hall or woods, not to disturb with the light. If i start the bike and my special off-switch turned to OFF, i can not switch the low beam on any more. If i restart the bike, the low beam works like normal! So i think, the CAN checks the lights, when switching on, wether there is a light installed or not. The OFF-switch is in the 12V plus cable, which goes to the light bulb.
It's not strange: if the bike sees that nothing is connected to a harness, it won't provide power.
Do you leave all the lights in your house on when you're not there? :)

rayivers

It's not strange: if the bike sees that nothing is connected to a harness, it won't provide power.
Do you leave all the lights in your house on when you're not there? :)

No... but I'd want them to work when I got home. If I had a 'smart house' that detected nothing turned on (connected) in my living room, I wouldn't want it to throw the living room breaker, forcing me to re-set it before turning on lights or the TV. :)

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Just hit CTRL+ALT+DEL on the house. That should fix it. (For safety purposes, each button is in a different room of your house, so you don’t accidentally reboot your house if you didn’t really mean to.)

Motophyllic

I put a toggle switch on the highbeam wire. This way I can flip the high/low switch and turn on/off the headlight on the move without restarting the bike. It makes no sense to me why the bike lets me turn the low beam on and off that way but no other way.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
I put a toggle switch on the highbeam wire. This way I can flip the high/low switch and turn on/off the headlight on the move without restarting the bike. It makes no sense to me why the bike lets me turn the low beam on and off that way but no other way.

The ACM is the reason for this. It takes in signals/inputs which affect the functioning of the bike. As @wwmotors said, the lighting system is all on the CAN bus of the bike and CAN isn't really fond of disconnect situations. Usually there's a 5ms delay in which you can get the function to work, but its really close.

Motophyllic

I guess canbus allows the inrush current to go through when I flip from high to low beam, but not when I flip off to on. I’m not giving up on figuring out a solution 😁