Sold ohlins rear shock kt 1494

M

mike tillery

I have an ohlins rear shock 490 mm eye to eye length. 2017/2018 alta mx models. also ktm 450 sx-f. excellent condition ,very low miles. just revalved by david behrends at FBI in north Carolina. I have the invoice for the service . not leaking just routine maintenance. you will have to get a spring for your weight. w/p springs fit.. so if you have a spring on your alta that works for you now. put it in the ohlins. ohlins springs cost about $100 new.
this is a ttx model. valved for 231 to 242 pound rider. its magic. new $1200 asking $950 plus shipping

bikes ohlins 701 008.JPG

bikes ohlins 701 010.JPG

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Mike, could you please educate us what makes Ohlins shocks and forks magic, or better than a properly valved KYB/Showa/WP?

FYI, I have an Ohlins suspension of my car. It works well, but I do not know if I would call it magic. What makes you call it that?

M

mike tillery

it is not my purpose in life to be an educator. I chose to be a motorcycle suspension tech 50 years ago. I never said ohlins was better than any other brand revalved. when people spend a lot of money on suspension modifications most times riders rave about their investment. i'am not going to get into why a revalve used to cost $150 per end now ???? $$$$ yet the labor is still the same as it has always been. there are some good suspension tuners out there.
do you believe in magic ? Ohlins products are of a quality and design that makes them seem removed from everyday suspension in a way that gives a rider "delight".if you have never owned or ridden ohlins set up for your weight and riding style it would be impossible to explain. I know you have experienced this phenomenon trying to explain or educate your friends as to the "magic" of an Alta . you just have to hand them the key.
FYI ohlins automotive division is totally separate from motorcycles. there are better choices for auto use. Bilstein for instance. cannondale used bottom of the line Ohlins forks and shocks. huge difference with the new RXFs 48 ttx forks.
simply put their ttx technology works.
phillip please feel free to come to my shop and experience the magic for yourself first hand.
bottom line if you don't believe in magic I can't help

Top Bottom