Phone app did not record my ride

mlbco

I have a new bike and did my first rides today. I did 2 rides in the session and shut the bike down between them. The second ride shows ride time but no GPS track or speed data. Anyone else have trouble registering each ride on the app?

Steve

Theo

What version of the app are you using?
I've had some trouble with the penultimate version (I don't recall the number): sometimes not all the data of each ride were recorded and the riding time was one possible missing piece of data. The overall hourage resulted to be less than the actual one.
Yesterday I used the bike with the latest app version available, i. e. the 1.0.135, and all the data was recorded.

mlbco

Theo,
I'm running version v.1.0.135(290) which seems to be the latest. Some rides are recorded, some not. In the rides section one of my rides appears duplicated. Here is a screenshot of my rides with notes.

Rides2.jpg

Theo

Is it possible that there was no continuous GPS reception for the ride with no GPS and distance data? Maybe if the receprion is interrupted for a significant time, the app, instead of showing incorrect data, will not show data at all.
Maybe the duplicate ride with no time nor distance was just a situatuion when the bike was engaged but only for negligible time and distance or without moving at all.
I personally had rides recorded with a significant distance and 0 time, which I can't explain without assuming there was a malfunction of the app.

mlbco

I just enabled location permissions for Google maps on the Stark phone and now the Stark app seems to be working properly. I did 3 short rides in front of my house and all were recorded properly after enabling Google maps location.

mlbco

I just enabled location permissions for Google maps on the Stark phone and now the Stark app seems to be working properly. I did 3 short rides in front of my house and all were recorded properly after enabling Google maps location.
I tested the bike later in the day and the problem still persists, the Google maps trick did not solve it! I sent a message to Stark and am waiting for a reply.
Steve

blbills

I too have issues with with the app sometimes not recording rides.

I've also noticed the ride length to aways be shorter (approx. 10%) than reality. I've compared it about a half dozen times to my independent fitness watch on my wrist and Onx running on the stark phone at the same time.

Not sure who's brainiac idea it was to put the GPS antenna (in the VCU) directly below a steel frame with a carbon fiber shroud over the top...

PsychoBunny

I have other apps that are supposed to record rides and they sometimes have the same issue. Speedometer app is free and can be used at the same time but of course it's nice to have everything work. Just saying this happens sometimes with other electric vehicle apps like onewheel, lacroix, and evolve. One thing you can also do is like 15 seconds after you start your ride is see if it's recording.

mlbco

Here is what Stark support says regarding this. I don't understand why 4G is required to record GPS data:

Thank you for contacting Stark.
If you have 4G data the phone should collect this information, it's possible that at the time you were using the VARG the 4G connection was poor, in which case the phone can't collect the information.
To do a quick test: No WIFI mode only 4G, open a youtube video and if you have 4G you will be able to watch it. If the 4G is working:
Can you please check the wireless charging module connector located behind the number plate inside the connectors box. Ensure it's clear of debris or oxidation. Also check that none of the wires going into the connectors feel loose. If the wires are loose, the vibrations while riding may cause the bluetooth connection between the Stark phone and the bike to be lost and possibly the reason why your rides are not being recorded.
Find more information about your new VRAG here:
Stark Future | Support
https://s3-stark-prod-public.s3.eu-...echnical_documents/Troubleshooting_FAQ_EN.pdf
Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.
Best regards,
Stark Future Team