RaceTorx dual rear brake kit

wfopete

I removed the OEM rear brake pedal brake and replaced it with the LHRB but now I want both so I bought the I'm adding a RaceTorx dual rear brake kit.

Any tip on installing this kit?

AL_V

I have the Rekluse dual rear brake setup on my KTM.
When I installed it I bled according to this video:

So I used the same procedure for my Varg, except that since I was using a Brembo clutch master cylinder at the handlebar, I did not have a way to connect a syringe at the hand master cylinder.
So, I was only able to push the fluid from the foot master to fill the syringe at the caliper, then push it up to the hand master cylinder.
And this worked fast and easy.
I also removed the white plastic disc from inside the hand master cylinder before bleeding as have read in the Alta forums.
Also, after bleeding, zip tie the brake handle pulled it while transporting the bike.
This helps remaining air bubbles to rise to the hand master cylinder reservoir.

wfopete

Doesn't seem too bad. I don't know why RaceTorx doesn't include directions with their kit.

On my 2 strokes I would start the engine and the vibration would help bring air bubbles up the line.

Wonder when Stark will come out with electric brakes? :D

Kurlon

Wonder when Stark will come out with electric brakes? :D

If you go with regen based brakes, you have to have a state of charge and battery temp that can accept the inrush at any given time. Hybrid / EV cars get around this by also having mechanical brakes as a fallback and will use them when a burst back to the battery isn't good. (Or you tickle ABS...) The other option is reverse torquing the motor instead of regen, but now you're burning battery to stop. Both options will have potentially 'odd' feel because the braking force has to be transmitted by a chain drive that has slack. At speed, in the dirt, not as much of a problem. On pavement, no bueno.

It looks like some of the Surron hop up kits / clones are getting more aggressive with their regen brake options, providing a dedicated thumb brake to call on it. I don't see Stark going that route as it adds another thing for the rider to pay attention to, and they seem to like the simplification of no clutch, no foot brake, just one hand lever for rear braking so I don't see them going that route.

If they can get a brake simulator small enough and light enough on power draw, with minimal change in feel when transitioning then I'd expect to see a blended setup like Hybrid / EVs, still just the rear brake lever on the bars, but the bike would be able to use regen or the rear brake caliper as appropriate to satisfy a given rear brake demand at any given moment.