Range Increase Software Update Released

Johnny Depp

t-jpg_s150x150&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.cdninstagram.jpg

stark__future

More Range! šŸ”‹ā¬‡ļø

We just released a new software update improving the powertrain efficiency of your VARG! Which will result in an increase in range.

Have you noticed your Bikeā€™s LED flashing purple instead of green? That means the over air software update is availablešŸ‘šŸ»

Install the software, go out for a ride and let us know how much of the improvements you felt! šŸŗāš”ļø

In case you need assistance on updating, search our YouTube channel for ā€œHow to Update the Stark VARG Softwareā€.​

Foss

Hold off on this update, I am experiencing issues doing a hard power off. Holding the two buttons after a power off shows a blinking green light and will not completely shut off.

If anyone else can confirm, Iā€™d say @Johnny Depp or @Philip put a disclaimer on this update to warn users, until Stark has additional feedback. I already reached out to them; waiting on a response.

Foss

Blinking green means itā€™s in neutral and waiting for you to touch the bottom button to activate the bike. Have you tried that?
No this is not a quick steady flash of green (neutral), I am familiar with this.

The red slow flash when the bike is turned off holding the power button has been replaced with a green indicator.

And holding both (+) (-) side buttons to do a complete shutdown (flash white light) does not work. As of right now Bluetooth stays connected constantly.

Refer to this video, I cannot shutdown the bike using this guide after todays upgrade.

Magoo69

I canā€™t seem to get the purple or yellow light eitherā€¦.doesnā€™t seem to recognize that there is an update.

I donā€™t have 4 G at the houseā€¦Maybe thatā€™s why? Their email says you a good need 4G connection.

Foss

Now my phone wonā€™t pair, tried logging out entirely and signing back in which usually fixes the pair issue. Not this time lol

Beagle

This guy had a couple video trouble shooting his Varg, that was some time ago though, not for latest update, don't know if that helps?

mike61

Good Morning!

I did it 1hour ago!
I went to an G4 area (you have to search for it in rural Germany).
AND when I stopped, switched in NEUTRAL the LED started to flash in several colours, like promised.
THEN press the UP button and then both (DOWN) LED became BLUE.
After 3 minutes it has been done.
I made 18km with the NEW software and I took 33% battery. (6Ā°C) easy going.
I didn't notice the new features, sorry!

20240214_105312.jpg

20240214_105321.jpg

20240214_105330.jpg

Magoo69

Good Morning!

I did it 1hour ago!
AND when I stopped, switched in NEUTRAL the LED started to flash in several colours, like promised.

View attachment 10942

View attachment 10943

View attachment 10944
Mike 61, Iā€™m assuming only the stark phone needs to be brought to an area with 4G for the update download? Not the bike and the phone?

mike61

Yes, maybe!
There was a red 1 beside the APP icon.
But the phone didn't make the update at home!
So I made my ride!

Foss

Feedback from Stark:

The new shutdown behavior has increased to 10-15 seconds, of holding BOTH (+) and (-). The old behavior was maybe 2-3 second hold. This has now changed and has been increased.

Also like I mentioned before, the slow red indicator light for soft power off has been replaced to green.

I wish Stark could provide a more verbose changelog of what was adjusted.

Jocke_D

I canā€™t seem to get the purple or yellow light eitherā€¦.doesnā€™t seem to recognize that there is an update.

I donā€™t have 4 G at the houseā€¦Maybe thatā€™s why? Their email says you a good need 4G connection.

Yeah, you must have 4G-data connection.
There is a data sim in the VCU that need to connect to some back office server for the bike to find the update. And then downlaod it.

Jocke_D

Feedback from Stark:

The new shutdown behavior has increased to 10-15 seconds, of holding BOTH (+) and (-). The old behavior was maybe 2-3 second hold. This has now changed and has been increased.

Also like I mentioned before, the slow red indicator light for soft power off has been replaced to green.

I wish Stark could provide a more verbose changelog of what was adjusted.

+1
Every time there is some sort of upgrade I ask for this.

Foss

+1
Every time there is some sort of upgrade I ask for this.
Right, one thing I noticed is throttle response on the stand when cleaning the chainā€¦ the bike does not stop hard on a dime after letting off the throttle. It now gradually slows down to a stop. This is with regen OFF for both instances.

The behavior has changed, if itā€™s going to impact how i ride I should know so I can prepare myself before hitting doubles or triples lol.

Beagle

I know we're all enthusiasts here, and sure they should provide more info but if you take a moment...

Isn't it crazy to be able to extend the range of the bike and modify its behavior with an over the air update?
That's just science fiction stuff!

Hopefully they will deliver all the settings advertised (traction, flywheel, power curves etc) in a later update, that would be sweet.

Magoo69

Yeah, you must have 4G-data connection.
There is a data sim in the VCU that need to connect to some back office server for the bike to find the update. And then downlaod it.
Do you need 4G to get the upload to the phone only or do you need 4G to download from the phone to the Stark?

mbw479

Good Morning!

I did it 1hour ago!

View attachment 10942

View attachment 10943

View attachment 10944
6hr ride time definitely is not happening then, I was hoping for 70klm of trailriding at a fast pace, but that seems unlikely also.