Re-springing a 2017 Alta Redshift MX (and then revalving too)

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I've just read up on the RT LS kit. Yes, I did plug up those holes when I had my first encounter with the 4CS forks back in 2015. One of them works like a compression bleed and the other as a rebound bleed. You could probably use this RT LS kit with this revalve but you might have to back out your clickers a little more.

Don Thuren

I've just read up on the RT LS kit. Yes, I did plug up those holes when I had my first encounter with the 4CS forks back in 2015. One of them works like a compression bleed and the other as a rebound bleed. You could probably use this RT LS kit with this revalve but you might have to back out your clickers a little more.

Exactly what I was thinking in my head, with being able to fine tune the bleed adjustment. Thanks!

Don Thuren

Took my MX shock apart today from vin 0039 just adding to the wealth of info on this forum. Have not compared notes to Philips specs yet just noting for possible redundancy...

I note my valving in a way that makes it easy to visualize. Should make sense here is my notes below.

Main piston nut down, all 16mm ID shims, measurements in millimeters. 50mm shock bore diameter.

NUT
21X1(x2)
34x2 thick washer with ground face towards shims
20x.3
32x.25
34x.25
36x.25
38x.25
MAIN PISTON. 3 FOLD NO BLEEDS
44x.2(x3)
44x.15
22x.15
42x.2
40x.2
36x.25
32x.25
28x.25
26x.25
24x.3
43mm OD stop cup base
SHAFT​

Reservoir adjuster compression stack below. All 6mm ID shims

PISTON / rebound flow check valve equipped
20x.1(leaves the 3 ports open about .25mm each)
22x.15
20x.15
18x.15
16x.15
14x.15
12x.15( HS comp 20mm plate pushes here)
9x.3​

E-Bro

UPDATE: The respring/revalve absolutely works for motocross. I have been fiddling with the forks' and shock's clickers and found a very nice combination. Works on this bike definitely better than the stock KYB SSS.

If you own a Redshift with the 4CS suspension and want to try this revalve, PM me for the shim specs.
May i have the shim specs? I have the 4cs on a 2018 Alta Ex. I purchased the MX shock. Which looks identical to the Ex. Hoping to get it revalved to work on a MX track. Any help ia appreciated

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
May i have the shim specs? I have the 4cs on a 2018 Alta Ex. I purchased the MX shock. Which looks identical to the Ex. Hoping to get it revalved to work on a MX track. Any help ia appreciated
Here they are. Enjoy!