Rear Threaded Axle Block

burm_buster

Looking to replace the Rear Threaded Axel Block. Unfortunately I was not able to come up with an exact replacement. Would anyone know what year, make and model (KTM or Husky I'm sure) has the same axle bolt?

This is 100% my fault as I over tightened the chain and cased a huge triple. Hoping this is the extent of the damage.

Works Connection makes a "Elite Axle Block" that looks like it would work but in not sure what make or model to put in.

11C165CD-C72A-45B9-B796-0B208B593AA5_1_105_c.jpeg

FrancoLizard

Not OP, but always interested in parts availability. I see the right chain tensioner (1200269-00, non-threaded) on Ebay, but not the left. Interestingly, I don't see a left chain tensioner in the parts list at all. Is it part of "AXLE, WHEEL, REAR, ASSY (6800240-01)"?

standbyu

Not OP, but always interested in parts availability. I see the right chain tensioner (1200269-00, non-threaded) on Ebay, but not the left. Interestingly, I don't see a left chain tensioner in the parts list at all. Is it part of "AXLE, WHEEL, REAR, ASSY (6800240-01)"?
Message him. Sometimes it seems items expire and he doesn't relist right away. The left chan adjuster block comes with the axle by the way. Just bought one from him las month.

synics

Are you using this setup on yours? It's an interesting concept. Do the marks line up with anything?

Thanks for the info!
Yes I use these types of axle blocks on all of my bikes. They're awesome cuz you don't need to adjust two bolts to loosen or tighten the chain it's just the one. So basically you never have to loosen the bolts when changing wheels. And as far as lining up you just have to check it both of your lines on either side of the axle are equidistant. It's very easy and well worth it.

privateer703

AOF Addict
Yes I use these types of axle blocks on all of my bikes. They're awesome cuz you don't need to adjust two bolts to loosen or tighten the chain it's just the one. So basically you never have to loosen the bolts when changing wheels. And as far as lining up you just have to check it both of your lines on either side of the axle are equidistant. It's very easy and well worth it.
I'm confused by what you mean to adjust two bolts. Do these axle blocks have some type of locking device on the adjusting bolt, cause I don't see any detents on the captured portion of the adjusting bolts. Which means you would still need the locking nut. That's all I have to do now is loosen the axle, back-off the lock nut and then turn the adjusting bolt. These are nice in that you don't have to worry about the axle block being snug against the adjusting bolt. But unless these have some type of locking detent, you still need the lock nut. Correct?
axle_adjuster.jpg

synics

No you do not need a locking nut, that is the whole point of these. Look at the picture, the end is slotted and the entire thing is threaded. When you turn the top part of it with a wrench to adjust it it turns freely in the block, and once you tighten down your axle nut it does not move. That's the reason you need a lock nut on regular blocks, because the bolt isn't physically attached to the block like they are on these new style. Mine never move to give chain slack.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Maybe the Mojo blocks are just knockoffs of the Bolt branded parts? In any case, the instructions on the Mojo site clearly show and mention the jam nuts. I'd say it doesn't hurt to have them in place, just one more safeguard to make sure the adjusters stay in position and don't vibrate out or get bumped during a wheel change. Belt and suspenders, I always say. I'm sure both ways work fine.

synics

I have both brands and they look a bit different but function exactly the same. Feel free to use a jam nut but like I said it's totally unnecessary. I switch rear wheels all the time on my bikes, and for the past 3 years these things have made it so much easier and faster, especially with just one wrench needed and no jam nut.

20211113_185451.jpg