Registered as motorcycle with DMV

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Arcimoto - Ultra Efficient Electric Vehicles

replacing my 13000 mile Sur-ron as commuter - pick it up in Eugene Oregon Monday
I got 13,000 miles outta my Sur-ron E motorcycle. Sold it for 3000$ paid 3800$ 5 years ago. It was essentially a FREE bike if you calculate MPG over my truck alone. Not to mention (or accounting for) maintenance stuff & depreciation.
While the Arcimoto is more expensive I'm hoping I get at least 40K before it needs a new battery to be in similar boat of FREE status. 1f91e.png
Scheduled pickup Monday already & ordered October 6th!
kinda excited & kinda surprised this has not caught on like wildfire in urban areas 🤷‍♂️

X_B2eBr&tn=ueXOkk2ovTTlW-AE&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
:lurker:
Interested to hear what you think about this, they have caught my interest too. Now just have to figure out how it would be useful to me.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
I will post an inital review next weekend. Due to on-going registration costs & mandatory insurance is expediture not assiciated to the Sur-ron but being to ride this rain & shine is a + in PNW
most of my trips are under 100mi of projected range but thinking these fit in high urban areas - not so much in sprawling kansas city type areas where things are more spread out... as it has a SLOW charger Im understanding... TBD

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
status update 1600mi report

was going to type up s thorough engineering review but wont & simply say the FUV is heavy on utility!
If it werent for the fact you can ride it mainly dry in the rain I would sell but it gets the job done

a few weeks ago 8pm mid charge the horn decided to sound constant - Nothing like trying to shut it up in your underwear in the rain for 1.5 hrs waking every neighbor up eventually just cut wires to the switch - it was fixed almost immediately with only a week of downtime but spoiled any confidence in machine

obviously speed affects range greatly so interstate stints are limited

minimal maybe 10 bucks to charge per month on E bill

its a good means of transportation thus far...

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Update 7500mi my Arcimoto is dead -a 1400lbs paperweight
Its been like a real pretty girl the entire ownership
Issue after issue

Im out - good while it lasted but going back to grey area Sur on..

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Update 7500mi my Arcimoto is dead -a 1400lbs paperweight
Its been like a real pretty girl the entire ownership
Issue after issue

Im out - good while it lasted but going back to grey area Sur on..
That is disappointing; especially recognizing that it was operated by someone with a good understanding and strong interest in EVs. Any insight into whether a 12 month life cycle is typical for other owners? Certainly nowhere close to your target of 40,000 miles. Was there any warranty support for your problems?

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
That is disappointing; especially recognizing that it was operated by someone with a good understanding and strong interest in EVs. Any insight into whether a 12 month life cycle is typical for other owners? Certainly nowhere close to your target of 40,000 miles. Was there any warranty support for your problems?
I’ve reported the issue to factory warranty. Its a rather complicated build even for EV. I understand upon the main high voltage battery it has a 12v system that powers the dash & controller 🤷🏼 I also understand while the vehicle is under operation the 12v system is also supported by the main battery.
The vehicle just plain locked up on screen @44mph and would not recognize the switches on the control.

Pass the 12 V system is blamed for my issue. The factory sent me a 12 V battery as replacement but I have not seen or heard anyone to come replace it. They expected me to replace it wrong. It’s been sitting for two months in my driveway a paperweight. I’m done.