Roll your handlebars forward!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
If you think the stock Stark handlebars have a weird bend, or should be moved forward, then try rolling them forward.

I parked my Altas next to the Stark, and it struck me that the stock Stark handlebar ends are pointing down and are swept too far back. But this weird bend becomes normal if you do not align the handlebar parallel to the fork leg but install it more vertically by rolling it forward. I have a pair of stock KTM handlebars, and I verified this theory by holding these handlebars right next to the Stark handlebar at different angles. These bars should be rolled forward!

Take the phone out and loosen the four T45 torx bolts underneath it. I found a normal-looking handlebar position when it is rolled forward to align the +1 mark on the handlebar with the center mark on the handlebar clamps.

I haven't ridden the bike yet, it is too hot in Arizona, but maybe I will try in a few days.

It takes less than a minute to try, it is simpler than on a gas bike. Let me know how you like it.