Stark Future’s utter communication and logistics incompetence

Magoo69

Well, Stark Future’s complete logistics and communications incompetence never ceases to amaze. I received an email on 12/28/23 stating that my Stark had shipped on 12/25/23 great right? WRONG! I received an email today from Stark stating that they had “great news” my Stark has been produced and has just shipped.

My dealership has been great but they too have been getting all kinds of misinformation as well. They were told it was in the US and on its way to the dealership. Now it seems like nobody knows where my Stark is.

Sorry for the negative post but I need to vent. My hope is that Stark sees how frustrating and frankly how unacceptable their lack of transparency is.

”Stark! Are we getting through to you” “Hello McFly, anybody home?”

timothyrgriffe

I paid in full on 10/18 an received an email on 12/22 saying the bike had shipped.

Yesterday received another email stating the bike had just shipped. Called my dealer and they said they were just as in the dark as me.

Pretty frustrating.

Magoo69

Customer service at Stark spends too much time playing with stupid axes and not enough LEARNING how to do their jobs. So frustrating!
What’s so frustrating is that they actually don’t know where our bikes are. My dealer went up the food chain at Stark and even they can’t figure it out.

Swank171

Well, Stark Future’s complete logistics and communications incompetence never ceases to amaze. I received an email on 12/28/23 stating that my Stark had shipped on 12/25/23 great right? WRONG! I received an email today from Stark stating that they had “great news” my Stark has been produced and has just shipped.

My dealership has been great but they too have been getting all kinds of misinformation as well. They were told it was in the US and on its way to the dealership. Now it seems like nobody knows where my Stark is.

Sorry for the negative post but I need to vent. My hope is that Stark sees how frustrating and frankly how unacceptable their lack of transparency is.

”Stark! Are we getting through to you” “Hello McFly, anybody home?”
Just curious if you got a vin number with your ship confirmation.

I apparently have a bike that should
Be here any day now. I have a vin and everything….hoping this isn’t what’s Happening to me too.

MadpdXabbott

I have the same issues since September 2023, Stark moves to a Dealer model. Seem to think there trained and up to speed on Starks broken computer system. Stark can’t even use their computer system or provide information updates, unreal. Multiple support tickets. Stark has had my money on and off since September 7th 2023. Only word I get is 8-10 weeks and I got a Vin# from the dealer.

starkfuture.zendesk.png

Swank171

I have the same issues since September 2023, Stark moves to a Dealer model. Seem to think there trained and up to speed on Starks broken computer system. Stark can’t even use their computer system or provide information from, unreal. Multiple support tickets. Stark has had my money on and off since September 7th 2023. Only word I get is 8-10 weeks and I got a Vin# from the dealer.

View attachment 10855
This is crazy…..

datadog

You guys realize this is a startup that has never done this before, right? Expecting the experience to be Honda smooth? High expectations. I hope you get your bikes soon.

Swank171

You guys realize this is a startup that has never done this before, right? Expecting the experience to be Honda smooth? High expectations. I hope you get your bikes soon.
I think “expecting it to be Honda smooth” and getting strung along for 4 months after paying and no one knowing where your bike is fails to compare.

Your post is implying someone is splitting hairs or being petty. I think we all expected some hiccups and have been patient. You’re dropping comments on people who have forked over full payments and stark “doesn’t know” where their bike is. Haha.

Sort of a tone deaf comment…..not trying to flame you I just don’t see how that was constructive or relevant. Doesn’t seem like anyone here has set an unrealistic expectation….

datadog

I think “expecting it to be Honda smooth” and getting strung along for 4 months after paying and no one knowing where your bike is fails to compare.

Your post is implying someone is splitting hairs or being petty. I think we all expected some hiccups and have been patient. You’re dropping comments on people who have forked over full payments and stark “doesn’t know” where their bike is. Haha.

Sort of a tone deaf comment…..not trying to flame you I just don’t see how that was constructive or relevant. Doesn’t seem like anyone here has set an unrealistic expectation….
I said I hope you get your bikes soon.

I’ve experienced this “incompetence” from both sides. Was trying to be realistic and was actually trying to help. I’ll shrink back to the shadows and watch the drama quietly.

Swank171

I said I hope you get your bikes soon.

I’ve experienced this “incompetence” from both sides. Was trying to be realistic and was actually trying to help. I’ll shrink back to the shadows and watch the drama quietly.
Haha. Ya I saw the hope you get your bikes soon, right after “you guys know this is a startup right?”. Kinda like saying “no offense” before saying something offensive haha.

I think what’s being displayed here is a community coming together with all the info we can find and bringing it to the table to try to figure out what’s going on. We are all getting different answers and information is power. When stark tells the dealer something to tell us and it’s wrong because we know what the rest of the community is going through we can speak up. That gets us answers. Stark can’t have 3 more days to answer back after giving everyone the same one liner because we are all connected here!

After you spend 12k and then no one knows where the bike is you wanna do some investigating. I don’t see this as “drama”, I don’t see much aimless complaining, I see people exchanging info given to them across the world to give us the real picture and not the one being painted for us. We are simply trying to get stories straight so we can respond and reach out in some way that requires stark to have some accountability.

Like I said, I wasn’t trying to flame you and I’m not mad at you. Just pointing out the purpose here….and that someone may get mad because it was sort of a “what do you expect, duh” kind of statement and people on the other end may have something to say. with 12k missing and not even a clue where the bike is after almost half a year, emotions could surely be present. At some point any reasonable person would start to think you may have lost all that money.

No need to sink into any shadows….haha. Let’s keep it all in the light!

rayivers

Re the lack of tracking info - I worked on cargo ships from 1979 to 2005, most of them container vessels. At times it was an absolute zoo. I've seen dozens of containers tumble into the water, forgotten ones left ashore for many months, 'mystery' ones not on the manifest (these were scary), MIA's, etc. Also, the ships must be loaded precisely for proper stability in the worst weather expected, and if that means yanking off previously-loaded boxes and leaving them on the dock for the next ship - whatever/whenever that was - so be it. It was fairly common for containers from one port to be offlloaded in the next for priority-cargo or stability reasons, and sometimes sit there for quite a while. I don't know about now, but back then it was normal for the ship to be the only one who knew exactly which boxes were on board when leaving port, and only the shoreside folks to know what was in transit or stasis on their end. Many times we'd get requests from shore to verify what was on board, which at best was a chore and at worst deadly-dangerous. This was on US-flag vessels that meticulously kept track of this stuff; foreign-flag ships (99% of the world's fleet) were another story, they varied from same-as-US to OMG not.

I guess my point is... UPS/FedEx/etc. it aint. :)

Magoo69

Re the lack of tracking info - I worked on cargo ships from 1979 to 2005, most of them container vessels. At times it was an absolute zoo. I've seen dozens of containers tumble into the water, forgotten ones left ashore for many months, 'mystery' ones not on the manifest (these were scary), MIA's, etc. Also, the ships must be loaded precisely for proper stability in the worst weather expected, and if that means yanking off previously-loaded boxes and leaving them on the dock for the next ship - whatever/whenever that was - so be it. It was fairly common for containers from one port to be offlloaded in the next for priority-cargo or stability reasons, and sometimes sit there for quite a while. I don't know about now, but back then it was normal for the ship to be the only one who knew exactly which boxes were on board when leaving port, and only the shoreside folks to know what was in transit or stasis on their end. Many times we'd get requests from shore to verify what was on board, which at best was a chore and at worst deadly-dangerous. This was on US-flag vessels that meticulously kept track of this stuff; foreign-flag ships (99% of the world's fleet) were another story, they varied from same-as-US to OMG not.

Interesting info, thanks

Magoo69

UPDATE: I just got another email from Stark today. (I’m a little surprised I got an email from them on a Sunday)

So now Stark is saying my bike will arrive in New York on 1/29/24. From there, they are saying it should be no later than mid February for it to get to my dealership in Massachusetts.

So basically another different story. I truly despise this whole experience with Stark. The only reason I’m putting up with this whole ordeal is because the bike is that good. I would never put up with this kind of BS for anything else.

Swank171

I’ve heard stories about stuff that happens in Long Beach from a few buddies I had that worked the docs.

Always mind blowing to hear insight like this from people who experienced it. So wild how things actually make it to us at all when you hear some of these stories 🤣🤣

Redbull

UPDATE: I just got another email from Stark today. (I’m a little surprised I got an email from them on a Sunday)

So now Stark is saying my bike will arrive in New York on 1/29/24. From there, they are saying it should be no later than mid February for it to get to my dealership in Massachusetts.

So basically another different story. I truly despise this whole experience with Stark. The only reason I’m putting up with this whole ordeal is because the bike is that good. I would never put up with this kind of BS for anything else.
No need to be surprised about an email arriving on Sunday as our Sunday in USA is a Monday in Barcelona.

Swank171

No need to be surprised about an email arriving on Sunday as our Sunday in USA is a Monday in Barcelona.
Got an update for my bike, it’s confirmed on a container and got caught up in customs on both sides.

Delayed a little but still before March. Sound like Feb 25th arrival on west coast. (Oregon)

jh151

I ordered Dec 18th 2021. On December 22nd I got an email saying my stark was ready for production and my dealer should contact me shortly lmao. Estimate date is March 16th. I'll believe it when I see it!