Stark rider triangle and bar position

Magoo69

Has anybody noticed how far forward the the bars/triple clamp are in relation to the foot pegs?

I was riding with a friend who just got a new Gas Gas 350. I noticed right away how much closer the bars are on the gas gas than on the Varg.

I also own a 300 XC so I decided to take some measurements and compare them with the Startk. I was very surprised to see that the bars are very significantly more forwards on the Stark. I included some pictures. Also keep in mind that I’m using bars with a lot of sweep on the Varg.

I‘m hoping someone will make bar mounts that are closer than stock.

IMG_1250.jpeg

IMG_1248.jpeg

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
It’s like that famous Greek dirt bike rider, Pythagoras, once said:
“It ain’t the reach to the grip
that lets you rip;
It’s the use of the hypotenuse
that lets you cruise.”

Okay, I know it probably rhymed better in the original, 6th-century BC, Greek dialect. But the point is that the distance from the pegs to the bars is consistent, your body position is just in a forward but lower stance, thus a better attack position.

Now, I’m not really sure if good ‘ol Pythag was more of an MX or an enduro kinda rider, but even the ancient greeks knew a good attack position is better for faster, more consistent warfare/riding. I do have a hunch that he would have preferred electric over gas bikes, as the hot exhaust pipes would tend to set his toga on fire.

Theo

Thanks to generative AI you can also see how he looked like!!

Pyhtagoras.jpg

I am a slow motocross rider, I use the standard geometry and I like it; I have only adjusted the brake levers and moved the master cylinders. I think that it's very subjective and that it depends a lot on the body of the rider: someone is taller than me, someone shorter, someone is my height but with longer legs, etc.

Johnny Depp

Has anybody noticed how far forward the the bars/triple clamp are in relation to the foot pegs?

I was riding with a friend who just got a new Gas Gas 350. I noticed right away how much closer the bars are on the gas gas than on the Varg.

I also own a 300 XC so I decided to take some measurements and compare them with the Startk. I was very surprised to see that the bars are very significantly more forwards on the Stark. I included some pictures. Also keep in mind that I’m using bars with a lot of sweep on the Varg.

I‘m hoping someone will make bar mounts that are closer than stock.

View attachment 11861

View attachment 11862
With the body folded forward riding position being in vogue, I'd imagine it was done purposely. Most reviews have called it the best handling bike ever.