Stark Varg cutting out / fan related

massive505

If anyone is having their Stark cut out while riding, I replaced my fan and that stopped it from happening. The fan motor bushing was getting noisy prior to the computer deciding to shut we down.

skuikka

What are the lights and display showing when this happens? Just got back from a hard enduro race. The bike gave up after half an hour and started working again after long cool down. Everything seemed normal, I could switch maps and all but no movement. While trying to figure out whats the problem, I realized I hadn't heard the fan at all and the start was hard and slow, just that type of stuff where the fan is constsntly on. Not hearing it can be because of other bikes too but who knows?

massive505

What are the lights and display showing when this happens? Just got back from a hard enduro race. The bike gave up after half an hour and started working again after long cool down. Everything seemed normal, I could switch maps and all but no movement. While trying to figure out whats the problem, I realized I hadn't heard the fan at all and the start was hard and slow, just that type of stuff where the fan is constsntly on. Not hearing it can be because of other bikes too but who knows?
No lights no errors nothing. It will store the codes though. Email stark and they will send you a new fan, they know it’s a problem

skuikka

Thanks. Just tested it by loading the motor against the brakes and a wall and the fan eventually kicked on. Slightly frustrating and it stil could be a fan issue, brushed motors can be a bit vague about when they are giving up.

massive505

Thanks. Just tested it by loading the motor against the brakes and a wall and the fan eventually kicked on. Slightly frustrating and it stil could be a fan issue, brushed motors can be a bit vague about when they are giving up.
Ecu goes off amp draw for fan. Stupid

rayivers

It's too bad the stock Spal fan specs or even size are unavailable (searched here, nothing). A higher quality ball-bearing / lower-current-draw unit w/roughly the same cfm is a good idea imo.