Stark Varg Handbrake - CRF conversion

Spare parts and rear handbrake kits are now available from Stark. I decided to give it a try on my 2006 CRF250R conversion. I bought the master cylinder and brake line to pair with the CRF Nissin caliper. Parts showed up in less than a week.

Master cylinder is manufactured by Formula
Brake line overall length: 171cm

Modifications: the banjo on the caliper end of the brake line needed to be 20 degrees instead of 90. I carefully straightened it out. Attempt at your own risk. If pairing with a brembo you shouldn't need to modify anything as that is what comes stock with the Stark.

I'll update this post with pictures later. The line length is perfect. Lever feel is good.

Paul185

What battery are you using? Can you post a picture how you have it mounted?

Have you raced a Hare scramble with it yet?

Thanks!

Paul

No races, just a trail riding machine and banging bars with buddies.

QS138 kit from E&C works great. Pack is five 4s 20ah Turnigy LIPO packs in series with a Daly BMS for charging and cell monitoring. I get about ~10 miles out of this setup (140Wh/mi). Currently building a custom pack in a 20s13p configuration out of the Molicel P42As should give me about 25mi of range. For both batteries you remove the seat and tank and slide it in/out from the top.

The 2010 and newer frame geometry lends itself to larger batteries unfortunately. Honda moved/lowered the shock and subframe location which makes it easier to stuff a big rectangle in there.

If I had to do it again I'd probably buy one or two of these from electro&co and make it easy to swap them out. https://www.electroandcompany.com/product-page/high-power-72v-25ah-molicel-battery

Paul185

I purchased the brake assembly from Stark and am waiting for it to show up.

Do you have any pictures of how you have your battery mounted and secured?