Stark varg Insurance issues

Upinsmoke57

Ive never had any issues insuring my 2021 300 xcw. Using foremost through farmers which costs $75/year for ful replacement cost of the bike plus a small amount of liability. I didn't even think about the stark Varg being an issue with insurance but so far no one can pull up the VIN. Tried Geico, progressive and Foremost. Foremost said I would need a full motorcycle policy and M endorsement on my license. This is crazy! What are you guys using locally here in the bay area?

Thanks

Bendejo

Ive never had any issues insuring my 2021 300 xcw. Using foremost through farmers which costs $75/year for ful replacement cost of the bike plus a small amount of liability. I didn't even think about the stark Varg being an issue with insurance but so far no one can pull up the VIN. Tried Geico, progressive and Foremost. Foremost said I would need a full motorcycle policy and M endorsement on my license. This is crazy! What are you guys using locally here in the bay area?

Thanks
I have insurance on my Varg through Progressive? Was super simple. I had no issues.

Upinsmoke57

Do you have an off-road policy? I'm waiting to get a response from a different agent tomorrow but the pricing I got from them and Geico are through the roof. Like $400+ per year. Not even worth it.

Could be our locations are different so they have varying policies and pricing available.

Thanks for the reply.

Bendejo

Do you have an off-road policy? I'm waiting to get a response from a different agent tomorrow but the pricing I got from them and Geico are through the roof. Like $400+ per year. Not even worth it.

Could be our locations are different so they have varying policies and pricing available.

Thanks for the reply.
Just looking at it now, its listed under Motorcycle/ ATV Policy. It was only $180 a year. I got it for the sole reason of it possibly being stolen. I live in the city and dirt bikes are a hot commodity for thieves.

Upinsmoke57

I just got a call back from Progressive apologizing for not being able to help. They said anything that doesn't come up in the pick list they can't offer comprehensive insurance on, only liability. This is also what farmers/foremost said. Geico will insure it but it's so expensive I would never do it. Oh well. Guess I gotta go without insurance.

ducatidesmo

I just got a call back from Progressive apologizing for not being able to help. They said anything that doesn't come up in the pick list they can offer comprehensive insurance on, only liability. This is also what farmers/foremost said. Geico will insure it but it's so expensive I would never do it. Oh well. Guess I gotta go without insurance.
That's so odd... Varg was on the pick list on the online selection for progressive for me. I've got full coverage for about 40 bucks a year. And that's with the $300,000 combined along with my other motorcycles and The RZR, and they're all considered street legal as far as progressive is concerned.

Chaconne

That's so odd... Varg was on the pick list on the online selection for progressive for me. I've got full coverage for about 40 bucks a year. And that's with the $300,000 combined along with my other motorcycles and The RZR, and they're all considered street legal as far as progressive is concerned.
Is your Varg licensed for the road? Maybe the laws and coverage are different where you are, but to be considered street legal here they must be licensed and registered --and in the case of a claim insurance might not cover otherwise.

OHV coverage can be different in many states but that is not the same as street legal at least in states where I have lived.

ducatidesmo

Is your Varg licensed for the road? Maybe the laws and coverage are different where you are, but to be considered street legal here they must be licensed and registered --and in the case of a claim insurance might not cover otherwise.

OHV coverage can be different in many states but that is not the same as street legal at least in states where I have lived.
It is road registered. As is the RZR. I actually registered it all online