Stark Varg LHRB

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered one from Stark Future. Here it is!

20230809_220927.jpg

I paid $301.90 plus $39 shipping in May. Today the price is $278.90 plus shipping.

You can use this brake on the Alta too. Just replace the Varg's Bremo bracket with the Alta's Brembo bracket. The Varg uses a 25mm rear axle and the Alta uses a 20mm axle.

It comes filled and bled. Bolt on and ride! Just route the hose outside the frame, or else you will need to re-bleed it.

Have fun!

timothyrgriffe

View attachment 10252

I paid $301.90 plus $39 shipping in May. Today the price is $278.90 plus shipping.

You can use this brake on the Alta too. Just replace the Varg's Bremo bracket with the Alta's Brembo bracket. The Varg uses a 25mm rear axle and the Alta uses a 20mm axle.

It comes filled and bled. Bolt on and ride! Just route the hose outside the frame, or else you will need to re-bleed it.

Have fun!
That sounds like a good option. Quite a but cheaper then the rekluse as well

timothyrgriffe

That sounds like a good option. Quite a but cheaper then the rekluse as well

View attachment 10252

Have fun!
Philip it sounds like a direct replacement anything I need to know for install. I ordered one from there site today. Please and thank you

rayivers

Great photos, thanks! These have slightly different numbers from the demo I saw last year - I think it's a 10mm master cylinder & 26mm caliper. My Alta now has a 12/26 foot-brake setup/sintered pads & works well, so this 10/26 might give similar braking power by hand, depending on pads (I think these may be sintered as well).

Chadx

@Philip Curious why you didn't just order the bike with LHRB from the factory? Or did you order this because you ordered your bike with foot brake lever and wanted to try out both and then decide which you prefer?

I just went ahead and order LHRB from the start since I'm already used to that on Surron(s), MTB(s), eMTB, and ATV, so figured I'd stick with that trend for the Varg. Interesting that riding our ICE dirtbikes with foot brakes has become the oddball setup in our household. Ha.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
@Philip Curious why you didn't just order the bike with LHRB from the factory? Or did you order this because you ordered your bike with foot brake lever and wanted to try out both and then decide which you prefer?
I like to keep my foot brake too. I have both brakes on my Altas, so I will have the same setup on the Varg.

Chadx

Nice. I've heard others mention they want the rear brake to be actuated by both a LH lever and foot lever and that there were various ways to tie the two together and they've done that one their other bikes. Will be interesting to hear and see how every accomplishes with both home-made kits and what retail kits come out. How did you tie the two together on your Alta?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
How did you tie the two together on your Alta?