Stark Varg on-board charger

Erwin P

Has anyone made an onboard charger that stays on/in the bike?

Comming spring i have a trip where we will stay in places with electricity but i don't feel like hauling the charger in my Backpack.

AL_V

Has anyone made an onboard charger that stays on/in the bike?

Comming spring i have a trip where we will stay in places with electricity but i don't feel like hauling the charger in my Backpack.
Interesting idea, but where to mount it?

Erwin P

O don't know. I don't know how big the essential parts are.
The did little effort to make it compact as it wasn't nescecairy for a stand to be compact.

There is some room on top of the battery and mayby even in the subframe near the radiator.

I don't care about the weight since the bike feels so nimble and i would rather lift a few kg's more than have the effert of riding of my 300 2 stroke. My strength is way better developed than my stanima.

AL_V

O don't know. I don't know how big the essential parts are.
The did little effort to make it compact as it wasn't nescecairy for a stand to be compact.

There is some room on top of the battery and mayby even in the subframe near the radiator.
Sorry, not gonna fit...
L to R in this photo is about 9.5"
Height is about 5"
Front to back is about 5.5" 6.75" not including the cable connectors.
Front to back is about 8" including the cable connectors.
The charger will fit in a Harbor Freight 2800 box, but I went with a 3800 to have room for the cables.

IMG_7982.jpg

Erwin P

On a streetsetup i would make a top case out of it, but that wouldn't work for enduro would it.
Only if you ride around and have some ''send-it'' uphills like i did in the Balkan and take it off before you send it. In between would be ''soft'' or easy enduro trail riding.

If it isn't too obstructive you could replace the front number plate. Sure it would add some weight to a place where i wouldn't want it, but well it beats walking after day one.

AL_V

On a streetsetup i would make a top case out of it, but that wouldn't work for enduro would it.
Only if you ride around and have some ''send-it'' uphills like i did in the Balkan and take it off before you send it. In between would be ''soft'' or easy enduro trail riding.

If it isn't too obstructive you could replace the front number plate. Sure it would add some weight to a place where i wouldn't want it, but well it beats walking after day one.
It surely could be done, similar, even better than carrying a chainsaw up front.

Erwin P

Definitely something they must be working on for the 2025 street models
Even better still would be one that could be easely removed. Lets say they widend up he bodywork just a little bit so it would be as wide as most ICE enduro bikes and place the module under there.
For competition you could always take it out. Remove the platework just like now and unscrew it.
Keeping the currenct charging port (or make it possible to add it) would even allow for a ''fast charging'' system like Zero uses. They have an onboard 1.3kW charger and a plug to plug-in up to 2 ''fast chargers'' of each 1kW. In Starks case an onboard 3.3kW and an additional 3.3kW would greatly reduce charge time in between heats.

For the makeshift version i imagined something like this:
$_32.jpg

Torqu3

I've been looking a bit myself. Haven't really found a much smaller charger with the right output voltage even. I'm interested to see solutions here as well as what stark does for a street model