Stark Varg Sound Maker ?

Mike85

Does anyone know of or have any insight into wether Stark or an aftermarket company might be developing or working on a sound device for the Stark Varg ?
*(The reason being is that in many states, they won't allow them to race with gas bikes because they are "Silent" and they're dangererous to race against when you can't hear them)

UKLee

A speaker that shouts out "Food blender coming through!!!" Adds to the embarrasment to Mr blinged up 450 with his shorty exhaust.

It is them who need to be made to be quieter not us that need to make more noise that way we will have a lot more riding areas but many are to thick to see it, making noise is the only way they can get noticed.

Theo

It is them who need to be made to be quieter not us that need to make more noise
thug life.jpg
THUG LIFE

Ahah actually I think that you are completely right!!!!
Besides, as far as I've understood that EV noise they consider so awful comes mainly from the transmission and their transmissions make a similar noise; they just can't hear it because of their mufflers!
Sorry for the offtopic but I hate it when a solution is supported only because it's the most popular and not because it's the best one.

Beagle

Stark have stated they were working on this in case that would be mandated. I guess if the FIM or AMA were to request such kind of device Stark would make it pretty fast but that's not the case so far.

Plus Vargs are already legal to race without any kind of sound device in a dozen of countries, including at the highest level in France and Australia (and AX UK of course).

Of course there is always that
(Check the date 🤣)

Beagle

Enforcer Enduro is a really resourceful guy, here's his first DIY sound generator.
If such a device is ever required by the FIM, the AMA or others, it should not be a big deal for Stark to offer solutions.

Mikec265

There's an electric Segway go kart that has a Bluetooth throttle speaker. It seems pretty cool in the videos.

B. FRANK

I know it's the rules but it just seems silly to make an electric bike sound like a gas burner. someone should come up with a cooler sound. like a helicopter or the Jetsons car/shuttle whatever it is. someone won pikes peak with a car alarm blaring the whole time. I still like ner nee ner nee, European police siren.

happyinmotion

I agree with this being silly.

If other riders can't hear a quiet bike, that's coz their bike is too loud. The solution isn't to make quiet bikes louder, it's to make loud bikes quieter.

I've just been for a ride today on our south coast - beaches and shingle with mixed access - lots of walkers, a couple of mountain bikes, some 4x4s going out diving, & whole bunch of seals just laying in the sun. That's a problem for loud bikes but when we're rolling along on a Stark and a Surron, then it's good and quiet there's no drama. Friendly head nods from the walkers and everyone. That's the advantage of electric bikes.

Beagle

My understanding is there is a chance that such device could be required for MX by some orgs/federations, maybe enduro but not trails where quiet is a great advantage for sharing the place with walkers and wildlife.

smdub

I just tap the horn when catching someone in the woods to keep from surprising them (SurRons and KTM-E). Thinking a bicycle bell would be even better.

If racing and you need to make sound to let people know you are passing I vote for Ride of the Valkyries

UKLee

Bit Mad though, they going to stop deaf people riding or stop people using ear plugs ?
It is just an excuse so the manufacturers who line the organisers pockets can continue selling very expensive engine parts for a few more years, and get more tracks shut down due to noise.

Pecos1A

I just tap the horn when catching someone in the woods to keep from surprising them (SurRons and KTM-E). Thinking a bicycle bell would be even better.

If racing and you need to make sound to let people know you are passing I vote for Ride of the Valkyries
Bicycle bell is hilarious! And Ride of the Valkyries is perfect! Start it playing as soon as the ICE bikes start their engines.:ROFLMAO:

Theo

Another thing to consider is that electric bikes riders can hear people coming from behind better, which contributes to safety.