Steg Pegz!

fully

First ride with them today and I'm blown away with how good they are on this bike.
Makes the ridiculous power of this bike so much more fun when you don't have to hold on for your life.
I highly recommend the further back option with double pucks!
3 min YouTube clip

Oded

I would love to add Steg Pegz to my Alta Redshift.
You had to drill the plastics? Aren't the Steg Pegz specific to each bike's brand?

fully

They don't make Alta pegz. But check this out for DIY
Put them behind your boots. Not squeezing them.

Screenshot_20240629_102707_Chrome.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think I want to try them... I do not feel as secure standing up on my Stark as I do on my Alta. But I have a Guts Racing RJ Wing Seat waiting to be installed first. It is the same idea but larger and softer bumps higher up at your knees rather than your calves.

fred900

I think I want to try them... I do not feel as secure standing up on my Stark as I do on my Alta. But I have a Guts Racing RJ Wing Seat waiting to be installed first. It is the same idea but larger and softer bumps higher up at your knees rather than your calves.
My buddy has the wing seat, at first I thought it was weird, but after a while, I loved it.

Mikec265

The RJ wing seat was nice in a way, but my knees kept getting trapped too far forward when I got tired. Took it off. Had it on my GasGas 350.

Oded

They don't make Alta pegz. But check this out for DIY
Put them behind your boots. Not squeezing them.

View attachment 11528
Great idea, but after examining the Alta, there doesn't seem to be a good place to mount the rubber stopper. It should mount where the "missing" air box is..

Screenshot_20240629_222359.jpg

Magoo69

I was wondering when StegPegz would be available. I‘ve used them for many years, I love them. They weren’t available when I got my Varg 7 months ago so I made my own.

It was very easy and cheap( less than$20) The rubber pucks I found on Amazon. The hardware was simple.

I cut a +/- 2” front to back slot in the fender to allow for adjustment. I then put a small aluminum backing plate with a matching slot on the inside of the fender and used a slot nut With an Allen bolt.

The Allen bolt is nice because I can carry the small Allen wrench with me and make adjustments in the trail.

I like StegPegz closer in the tight technical trails. In the fast wooped out areas I like them further back.

I’d incourage anybody that hasn’t tried StegPegz to do so. They take a bit to get used to but once you do, they are great. They lock you in to the bike and dramatically reduces fatigue, especially with the Varg in the higher HP modes.

Happy trails!

IMG_1418.png

IMG_1419.jpeg

happyinmotion

Stegs for my Stark arrived yesterday. I'm yet to test ride them, coz life, but without them my elbows are getting trashed. So here's hoping they lock me to the bike.

happyinmotion

First ride with Stegs today (further back and two pucks) - so different and so much better.

My whole upper body could relax. I spent an hour and a half plouging through rutted sand and piled up shingle. My arms should be properly beaten up. Instead, they're in so much better shape.

I'm sold.
20240717_180349.jpg