General Swap moto article on Flux (New electric mx bike)!

JP racing

Sorry, I just posted the video linked in the article :cool:

Good short article, I had been looking for voltage info (450v water-cooled motor and 7kW battery - 432 cells).

Swank171

Watching it use the entire stroke of the suspension and how it lands it appears to be very heavy. Still in early phases but I’d like to know what the prototype weights and what they think they can refine it to final weight.

JP racing

Watching it use the entire stroke of the suspension and how it lands it appears to be very heavy. Still in early phases but I’d like to know what the prototype weights and what they think they can refine it to final weight.

From the May 12th video where they show the prototype on the scale it was 122Kg. Pretty comparable to the Alta and Stark.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
In case you guys missed it...

Swank171

8lbs deferent from stark, I’m impressed! Stoked for it. I got in a while ago with my deposit and look forward to production.

Raced moto my whole life and have really taken to the electric evolution starting with alta . Still love my 2 strokes but this next generation of innovation is making riding the hills in so cal possible for my son like it was for me when I was younger and no one cared that a dirtbike was riding down the road.

If you guys are ever near pala/Glen Helen area let us know! I’ll be there in a heartbeat and would love to offer feedback as well as a bunch of people in the local community!

Thank you for the updates and staying active here for all of us! We appreciate it.

Marko_Flux

I appreciate your input and reservation!

It's a good starting weight, especially considering how unoptimized it still is. Correcting for the ultralight tubes and lights (they should come down to around 6lbs in difference) we are within a few punds already.

I actually was in California up to last week to check out the local scene and some VC meetings, amazing place. Got to ride Pala with an SXF250 and Metcalf with an Alta, awesome experience.
Unfortunately we can't ship the Primo prototypes around for certification and practical reasons TBH, but what comes after will definitely have a presence in SoCal. So we keep on pushing!