Tempted to sell, kickstand woes

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
How about getting off the bike first and deploying the kickstand while not sitting on the bike compression the overly soft suspension?
On the bike or off still required to lean vehicle unnecessarily to rider right to deploy

I am trying to solve the problem, but I am not seeing a problem here. Why does shortening the kickstand make the situation worse?

with shorter kickstand vehicle requires less lean to rider right to deploy but then leans excessively to rider left while being supportive

out

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
with shorter kickstand vehicle requires less lean to rider right to deploy but then leans excessively to rider left while being supportive

out
Well... I have the solution then. Get off the bike first, then deploy the kickstand second. Adjust the kickstand's length and/or the rear spring preload to adjust the lean angle to your liking.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Well... I have the solution then. Get off the bike first, then deploy the kickstand second. Adjust the kickstand's length and/or the rear spring preload to adjust the lean angle to your liking.

Suspension is there to suspend you not park the bike silly rabbit besides bike is on boat to new owner in New Zealand ~ rule #1 is in effect~

sell a toy - buy a toy...😉

B. FRANK

better late than never sooo...I have an alta mx and a surron. the surron has about $10k into it with brakes, suspension, adult sizing, tires and battery and controller upgrades and compared to the alta IT SUCKS!!. if you are 5'4" or less and weigh about 120lbs you could ride the surron seriously but I am 6'3" and 290 lbs and it is a terrible dirt bike . don't get me wrong it is a blast but it is not a real motorcycle and does not compare to an alta. keep your alta or buy a Varg AND get a surron they're cheap and fun but by no means a replacement for a real bike if you sell your ex.....don't blame me, I tried to warn you.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
better late than never sooo...I have an alta mx and a surron. the surron has about $10k into it with brakes, suspension, adult sizing, tires and battery and controller upgrades and compared to the alta IT SUCKS!!. if you are 5'4" or less and weigh about 120lbs you could ride the surron seriously but I am 6'3" and 290 lbs and it is a terrible dirt bike . don't get me wrong it is a blast but it is not a real motorcycle and does not compare to an alta. keep your alta or buy a Varg AND get a surron they're cheap and fun but by no means a replacement for a real bike if you sell your ex.....don't blame me, I tried to warn you.
Concur SurRon is not a dirt bike