'This isn't working'

TeslaRaptor

I had one of those moments with my wife yesterday......another dirt bike stand shows up (one of the heavy ones in the “perfect Alta stand thread”)....she asks if it is for a Christmas present...I say that it can be. That would be great. She then asks which bike is going under. I say “one of the Altas”. She then asks why I am saying “one of”......then demands we go to the garage to identify said bikes. And then she asks if I have any more bikes pending delivery. I had to be very careful with my words to not limit future options. I explain how the Altas are heavier than my other bikes (including her TM Racing MX100 (she is height challenged)) and I needed a new type of stand...then she has the gall to ask why I didn’t order 2 of the new stands.

After 20+ years of marriage I still do not understand her thought process when it comes to purchases.

ps: anyone know of a Mx track or acerage with great trails on them for sale. An hour or so from North Austin. As long as I put bees on said land (long story) then she has approved that purchase. Overall a great wife!

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I had one of those moments with my wife yesterday......another dirt bike stand shows up (one of the heavy ones in the “perfect Alta stand thread”)....she asks if it is for a Christmas present...I say that it can be. That would be great. She then asks which bike is going under. I say “one of the Altas”. She then asks why I am saying “one of”......then demands we go to the garage to identify said bikes. And then she asks if I have any more bikes pending delivery. I had to be very careful with my words to not limit future options. I explain how the Altas are heavier than my other bikes (including her TM Racing MX100 (she is height challenged)) and I needed a new type of stand...then she has the gall to ask why I didn’t order 2 of the new stands.

After 20+ years of marriage I still do not understand her thought process when it comes to purchases.

ps: anyone know of a Mx track or acerage with great trails on them for sale. An hour or so from North Austin. As long as I put bees on said land (long story) then she has approved that purchase. Overall a great wife!
Read between the lines man! She is clearly asking for a sweet (lowered) Alta of her own for Christmas.

TeslaRaptor

Read between the lines man! She is clearly asking for a sweet (lowered) Alta of her own for Christmas.
I was an idiot and said that to her (pre-delivery).

Then I felt the weight of this heffer and thought that she will never be able to pick it up if she topples. She is happy on the mx100. 2-stroke love.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I find that as long as I let mine get a good night sleep, it doesn't need to take naps during the day while riding... Are you guys keeping yours up all night partying before a big ride?

Top Bottom