Ultimate MX Hauler / MotoJackrack - Switch Hauler

SubSonic

the Ultimate MX Hauler / MotoJackrack / Switch Hauler are a bike lifts that plugs
into trailer hitch - Look pretty cool and likely Any of these could work good -
uses hydraulic jack to lift bike from Under Skid plate

2 of these companies Copied the first company so these are pretty much the same
from what I can tell by watching videos about there use -

Has anyone used any of these bike lifts ? or have one for sale -

after talking to companies they appear to be 2 months behind in production -

so will likely be quicker for me to build one -
the Hydraulic jack to lift bike is a good idea but looks more complicated than needed

I think if I have to build one I am going to use a long Screw and Power drill to lift the bike on skid plate platform-

lifting bike 8 to 12 inches off ground should be enough and I would think a good power drill
will lift 250 pounds using screw - use screw similar to used in Screw scissor jack -

I have not figured out how to make a -- Trailer Tongue jack work yet - but it just might - Crank Kind -
its Almost made correctly to work -

Let me know it you have ever used one and how good it worked - Thanks

kNewc

I recently got the MotoJackRack (and I'm the same dude from VitalMX that he ghosted lol. He did finally make it right..). I chose the MotoJackRack versus the others as it had the least amount of setup/tear-down with the least amount of parts. It was the most simple setup. You put in the 2 footpeg holders, tighten those up, throw in a strap and you're good to go. All the others you have to use fasteners to screw the footpeg holders in and it looks like it takes forever. It also makes it that much easier to lose a nut or washer - especially at the moto track. If I dropped and lost a nut I would be screwed (see what I did there). The only downside I've had with mine is that when the base is bottomed out you can't jack it up from dead bottom. I fixed this by putting in a piece of wood before dropping the bike down. However I've only had a problem with it when on steep inclines. The other down-side is the included cheap jack, although I haven't had any issues with it yet. Other than that, I've liked it and it's saved me tons of time. I can load all my gear in my truck the night before, and then all I need to do in the morning is load the bike.

SubSonic

kNewc Thanks for info on using -
think I talked to the guy who ghosted you - he is missing some personal skills -

The peg clamps Looks like Good Idea but not done well -
short Good straps may be better or a combo of the 2
dropping parts in dirt is not good

Pegs on the YZ are titanium and I have had them break just riding -
so im not super trusting in them - most other pegs OK

C5tor
cheap jack breaks is what I have seen also - not good -
there is a Several to One leverage on jack but that is Low quality -
there is like 9 parts to make lift = $60 per part - plenty of profit there to use good jack -

Im pretty sure a long square thread jack screw and good power drill will lift bike
and if not I will get Bigger Drill -
think I can make much more compact and maybe 30 ish pounds -

seems like I talked to these same sellers about 5 yrs ago and it was basically the same story-
not in stock /Months to get and I just purchased a regular rack and Also though about building a screw lift -

now Im back to building lift -

I did make a Tow a Bike hitch and towed a DRZ 400 SM with a Subaru 300 miles
bike weighs 350 - worked Great

HadesOmega

I've been meaning to make a video about putting the Alta on it. I have the Moto Jack Rack have had it for a few years and bought used. So far the jack hasn't crapped out on me. It looks like the previous owner modified it a bit and mine is the heavy duty version.

0920231334_HDR-XL.jpg
0920231334-XL.jpg
0901231528a_HDR-XL.jpg
0901231528_HDR-XL.jpg

Here's a video I made about it, I didn't have my Redshift then though, but as you can see from the picture it hauls it just fine.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I had an Ultimate MX Hauler about 7-8 years ago. I ended up returning it because I couldn't open my tailgate all the way with the MX Hauler installed. Basically, the hitch-to-tailgate height was too small on my pickup (a 2004 Dodge Dakota), so the tailgate would hit the top of the MX Hauler. Since I hauled some pit bikes in the bed and my big bike on the MX Hauler, I had to be able to open the tailgate to get the pit bikes out. And I really didn't want to dent my tailgate.

Anyway, check the height from the top of the hitch to the tailgate when opened, and try not to make your hauler any taller than that.
1695932704567.png

HadesOmega

For my Rav4 to open the trunk lid I have to have the bike down and handlebar turned. It's best to not have the bike on it. It's great though not having to strap the bike down. The only strap is the strap for the handlebar/fork.

wfopete

I bought a Switch Hauler for my Transit Van a few years ago and waited about 2 months to get it. Solid unit but pricey.

2 months goes by quick; I would order and borrow your buddy's trailer/truck in the meantime.

SubSonic

I forgot to say that this will be mounted on a ford Transit T250 van

Might try to install off to drivers side so One of Rear doors can be opened
with lift in place and no bike -
they make 3 inch Lift hitch Brackets that Maybe can turn 90 degrees to make a Offset ???

SubSonic

found all the parts needed to make a motohauler on amazon
will cost $120 and pretty much bolt together --

Might be able to open van rear doors with lift installed -
30 ish pounds

will write a How to and parts list