General Varg for Supermoto

HOC

Finally got my Varg, completed the Supermoto conversion and got to a couple of weeks ago and my question is answered. This this is going to be awes for Supermoto.

Here’s a bit of a recap of the first couple of days at the track: Set up consists of: VMX Triples, Axle and spacers. (big shoutout and thank you to Lauri for his assistance. He is very helpful), Haan wheels, tubeless, 14/45 Gearing. Brembo Billet Caliper, Brembo RC15 M/C, Braketech Stainless, 320 front Rotor, being done now: RaceTech front and rear Springs with complete Gold Valve Kits.

Motor Setting - One: 25hp/0% regen. Use for loading in truck. Setting Two: 50hp/ 70% regen, Setting Three: 60hp/ 80% regen, Setting Four: 70hp/ 100% regen, Setting Five: 80hp/ 100% regen.

First session was at Apex Karting Center. I started in 60hp. On the third lap I felt pretty good and opened it up on the back stretch. The bike shut down. I got to the side, rebooted it and off I went. Next lap, same issue. Stopped, rebooted, moved it to 70. I did a couple feeler laps on 70, opened it up and it shut down again. Stop, move to 80, do a couple and… no more shutdowns… Ran the rest of the day on 80hp. I use the slipper clutch on my other bikes a bunch. Regenerative braking set even at 100% is still far less braking than I am used to out of using the slipperclutch. Just going to have to learn better braking technique. Used 37% battery per session.

Second time out was at Adams Motorsports Park. Now I have Predator 9500watt generator for Bike and Warmers. This weekend was riding with a buddy and had his warmers plugged in as well. 80 hp is the only setting to run now. Completely handle-able and sooooo much fun. Charge started at 96%. Suspension is done and set-up begins at the same time as the new braking technique. Ran five, 15min. sessions, charged bike and warmers in between each session. There were 45min waits between sessions but left with 56% battery remaining. Not bad.

I waited a long time for this bike. Now that it’s in my shop and no longer a pipe-dream, I have to say, it may be my favorite and that’s before it’s even dialed in…

IMG_7168.jpeg

IMG_7161.jpeg

fedesm297

The Varg in supermoto trim is so fucking beautiful (i have to admit i prefer the supermoto look over the mx one in almost every bike 🤣).
The range seems ok, i read some other posts on a sumo Varg and the range changes a lot: what kind of track were you riding at? Fast, slow, straights?? I'd love to try mine as a supermoto 😭

tymck7

What’s your top speed at that gearing? Also, you kind of glossed over it shutting down several times. Is that a continuous issue? Could you share more details on that? How often does it happen, how do you deal with it/have you found a fix?

HOC

I am not sure of top speed. Does the phone have this feature? As far as brushing over the shouting off, I am not sure what it is. It only happened on the first laps. I had Stark log onto the bike. They can see the shut-off but cannot see the cause. They can see the maximum throttle position on straights is 85%, but that is not when it shut down. From there, I am conscious of it but it does not effect my ridding. Even when it turned off at the end of the straights, it still turned in so I could safely get off the line, turn the bike off and back on and then the issue did not happen again...??? Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to get to the track again. Weather pending, maybe this weekend...

tymck7

I am not sure of top speed. Does the phone have this feature? As far as brushing over the shouting off, I am not sure what it is. It only happened on the first laps. I had Stark log onto the bike. They can see the shut-off but cannot see the cause. They can see the maximum throttle position on straights is 85%, but that is not when it shut down. From there, I am conscious of it but it does not effect my ridding. Even when it turned off at the end of the straights, it still turned in so I could safely get off the line, turn the bike off and back on and then the issue did not happen again...??? Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to get to the track again. Weather pending, maybe this weekend...
I haven't received my stark yet, due next month hopefully... but I thought the phone could tell you top speed. Maybe I'm mistaken. I would also be driving on road, so hoping to easily get freeway speeds (80-85 mph) with the right gearing.
I have seen a few youtube videos of the bike shutting off like that. I'm hoping it's an easily fixable issue.

Theo

On my Stark phone the app tells me the top speed in the Stats pages.
I've only used my Varg for motocross so far and I agree that 100% regenerative braking feels way less intense than the engine brake of a four stroke.

tymck7

On my Stark phone the app tells me the top speed in the Stats pages.
I've only used my Varg for motocross so far and I agree that 100% regenerative braking feels way less intense than the engine brake of a four stroke.
Just watched an interview with Anton Wass on YouTube where he said that with standard gearing, 150 kph (95 mph) is top speed. So that is helpful. That’s plenty for my purposes

HadesOmega

Have you gotten it to overheat on the track? That's one problem I have with my Redshift SM and Light Bee is the battery will overheat. The Redshift will throttle down and if my Light Bee gets hot enough the BMS will disconnect the battery.

I'd imagine if you took the Varg to a large track like Buttonwillow you could probably overheat the battery.

tymck7

Finally got my Varg, completed the Supermoto conversion and got to a couple of weeks ago and my question is answered. This this is going to be awes for Supermoto.

Here’s a bit of a recap of the first couple of days at the track: Set up consists of: VMX Triples, Axle and spacers. (big shoutout and thank you to Lauri for his assistance. He is very helpful), Haan wheels, tubeless, 14/45 Gearing. Brembo Billet Caliper, Brembo RC15 M/C, Braketech Stainless, 320 front Rotor, being done now: RaceTech front and rear Springs with complete Gold Valve Kits.

Motor Setting - One: 25hp/0% regen. Use for loading in truck. Setting Two: 50hp/ 70% regen, Setting Three: 60hp/ 80% regen, Setting Four: 70hp/ 100% regen, Setting Five: 80hp/ 100% regen.

First session was at Apex Karting Center. I started in 60hp. On the third lap I felt pretty good and opened it up on the back stretch. The bike shut down. I got to the side, rebooted it and off I went. Next lap, same issue. Stopped, rebooted, moved it to 70. I did a couple feeler laps on 70, opened it up and it shut down again. Stop, move to 80, do a couple and… no more shutdowns… Ran the rest of the day on 80hp. I use the slipper clutch on my other bikes a bunch. Regenerative braking set even at 100% is still far less braking than I am used to out of using the slipperclutch. Just going to have to learn better braking technique. Used 37% battery per session.

Second time out was at Adams Motorsports Park. Now I have Predator 9500watt generator for Bike and Warmers. This weekend was riding with a buddy and had his warmers plugged in as well. 80 hp is the only setting to run now. Completely handle-able and sooooo much fun. Charge started at 96%. Suspension is done and set-up begins at the same time as the new braking technique. Ran five, 15min. sessions, charged bike and warmers in between each session. There were 45min waits between sessions but left with 56% battery remaining. Not bad.

I waited a long time for this bike. Now that it’s in my shop and no longer a pipe-dream, I have to say, it may be my favorite and that’s before it’s even dialed in…

View attachment 10907

View attachment 10908
Hey what did you do for a front sm fender?