Varg production numbers / VIN

mike61

Do you think all VINs are in one row?
Or do they count special numbers for each country or continent?

Beagle

Do you think all VINs are in one row?
Or do they count special numbers for each country or continent?
Great question, I do not have any certainty about this. Indeed VINs do not HAVE TO be sequential numbers although they most often are.

Tracking US VINs (at least the part appearing on motohunt which is likely a subset, some bikes may not show, and I'm wondering about orders already accounted for before import?) all I can say is that I do not see any obvious pattern suggesting anything unusual. I mean other than Bryan "21" first customer Varg suggesting 20 prototypes were made before that.

Last week there were 116 Vargs with VINs showing up in US inventory on Motohunt,
15 in the "0s" i.e. under 1000 (exclusively 200-300s) have been there for a while, often described as demo bikes in the ads,
0 in the 1000s
21 in the 2000s,
30 in the 3000s,
46 in the 4000s and
4 in the 5000s.

Makes sense to see more of recent VINs in inventory, that's 15 dealer demos (that they're trying to fork at the same price, even if some were really brand new, good luck with that) plus 21 "late 2023" bikes and 80 bikes with 2024 model year. Switch to 2024 model year between 2800 and 3100 is consistent with Stark communications pointing to around 3000 bikes made in 2023. Also the few VIN examples given here by owners seems in agreement with Stark production timeline given on their Instagram production updates.

US VIN over 5600 in early April is consistent with about 3000 bikes made in 2023 then about 3000 more in January-March 2023, it does not seem that they are skipping numbers.

New VIN popping up in the past few days are 4000s along with a few 5000s, there are series of 5-6 consecutive numbers and an "almost consecutive set" of 19 VIN with only 2 missing (in the 4200s).

I'll see if I can guess a bit more following that a bit more closely now, also thanks to VINs given here. One obvious major flaw in following US VINs for Europe made bikes is the lag in time between production and when they appear in inventory (roughly estimated to 4 weeks) and lack of information on Europe (and Australia) VINs.

Mikec265

Great question, I do not have any certainty about this. Indeed VINs do not HAVE TO be sequential numbers although they most often are.

Tracking US VINs (at least the part appearing on motohunt which is likely a subset, some bikes may not show, and I'm wondering about orders already accounted for before import?) all I can say is that I do not see any obvious pattern suggesting anything unusual. I mean other than Bryan "21" first customer Varg suggesting 20 prototypes were made before that.

Last week there were 116 Vargs with VINs showing up in US inventory on Motohunt,
15 in the "0s" i.e. under 1000 (exclusively 200-300s) have been there for a while, often described as demo bikes in the ads,
0 in the 1000s
21 in the 2000s,
30 in the 3000s,
46 in the 4000s and
4 in the 5000s.

Makes sense to see more of recent VINs in inventory, that's 15 dealer demos (that they're trying to fork at the same price, even if some were really brand new, good luck with that) plus 21 "late 2023" bikes and 80 bikes with 2024 model year. Switch to 2024 model year between 2800 and 3100 is consistent with Stark communications pointing to around 3000 bikes made in 2023. Also the few VIN examples given here by owners seems in agreement with Stark production timeline given on their Instagram production updates.

Also US VIN over 5600 in early April is consistent with about 3000 bikes made in 2023 then about 3000 more in January-March 2023, it does not seem that they are skipping numbers.

New VIN popping up in the past few days are 4000s along with a few 5000s, there are series of 5-6 consecutive numbers and an "almost consecutive set" of 19 VIN with only 2 missing (in the 4200s).

I'll see if I can guess a bit more following that a bit more closely now, also thanks to VINs given here. One obvious major flaw in following US VINs for Europe made bikes is the lag in time between production and when they appear in inventory (roughly estimated to 4 weeks) and lack of information on Europe (and Australia) VINs.
I wonder if a lot of the 4000s are guys like me who ordered on day one, and had to wait so long. Kinda pisses me off, but it is what it is. I had an injury in November and couldn't ride again until recently anyhow.

Beagle

I wonder if a lot of the 4000s are guys like me who ordered on day one, and had to wait so long. Kinda pisses me off, but it is what it is. I had an injury in November and couldn't ride again until recently anyhow.
I think Europe preorders have been fulfilled for maybe a couple of months now, just based on bikes available on dealer's floors for some months here.

Question mark remains for US preorders, especially the ones from states with outstanding legal/delivery issues, like CA which was probably a non-negligible part of preorders.

Situation is improving though, guys from Lithium powersports in FL have almost 20 Vargs in inventory and I believe they ship nationwide. That's the biggest US dealer inventory I've found, and there's over a hundred more available across the US. Which is still at least 10 times less stock than CRF450R.

Beagle

Are the flood gates open?

There are 3 brand new Vargs (VINs in the 4200s) listed at Wilson's powersports, Madera, CA.

If anyone from the area could check that out, it would be interesting to hear if deliveries can indeed begin in California.

Beagle

Vargs in the 4000s listed in San Diego and Murrieta as well, looks like California deliveries are finally happening