Video of one MXR owners total ride time

snydes

Staff member
Found this video on Youtube. Everyone's favorite question, how long does the battery last? The author did a ride to see how long he could go. He got 2 hours 45 minutes out of it. You can argue he's riding slow, the trails are easy, etc, but I think it's a good tool to gauge what one might expect based on how this guy rides compared to what you think you will do. I did verify that the author is 175-180lbs and he was using map 1 for 90% of the ride, which it's important to consider when discussing total ride times.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I had about the same experience, at least two hours when trail riding. It helps that he is riding mostly on hardback and rarely turns or uses brakes.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, one more thing. At low intensity, the MX and the MXR batteries will last the same. They are both rated at 5.8 kWh. But at high intensity (competition) the MXR will do much better because it loses less energy to heat.

snydes

Staff member
Oh, one more thing. At low intensity, the MX and the MXR batteries will last the same. They are both rated at 5.8 kWh. But at high intensity (competition) the MXR will do much better because it loses less energy to heat.

The Alta rep I spoke with was explaining that to me as well. Your average rider (me for example) is not likely to need the MXRs improvements over the MX.

Oded

I get about 3 hours of trail riding, but it is very different terrain than what is shown in the video in the first post.
Much more technical and rocky terrain.
Found this video clip that shows almost similar terrain, and he gets similar ride times as mine -

snydes

Staff member
That is similar to what I have here at home, so if I can get those kind of ride times I'll be quite satisfied.

Top Bottom