Vin Id

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Or this:
56P = World Model Identifier
A = Alta
R = Redshift (pwt)
A = kW rating
A (Model Type) A= Supermoto B = Offroad (MX) C = Enduro (EX) D = (SMR) E = (MXR) F = (EXR)
M = Electric
X = Check Digit (based on total VIN string)
H = 2017 or J = 2018
B = Brisbane
Serial number string

So based on that:56PARABM8JB000211
B = MX
J = 2018
Is the bike an MX base?

Btw this is the same as the JSON comparison.

73Thing

All I know at this point is that it was 1 of 6 built for a team rider , battery was changed out (current battery is R 5.8kw), head tub has 2018 MX sticker , after market sticker has EXR and it has a headlight but no other street accessories.IMG_2310.JPG
The display shows - inverter config. unlocked , what could this mean?

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I'd be careful with that firmware on the bike. I'm not sure if they did any special trickery with the version on that bike, but the version we have access to is susceptible to the "Inverter Throttle Fault" bug, which occurs when the throttle gets rolled forward with the bike on. The bug basically turns the bike off and renders the throttle useless until you power cycle the bike. It has put me in some absolutely scary situations when testing it out on my bikes on a motocross track. Having 0 power going through a rhythm section is not fun. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

rayivers

It has put me in some absolutely scary situations

It seems to me the Hirschmann throttle's reverse-rotation spring could be coated with epoxy on the accessible side to coil-bind it, ending the possibility of an I.T. fault on that bike during normal riding, Erzberg FW or no. Hirschmann might have a field fix for it too, perhaps a rigid insert to replace the spring (which would be easy-ish to undo later if needed). Just a thought.

Hirschmann Throttle Interior.jpg

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
It seems to me the Hirschmann throttle's reverse-rotation spring could be coated with epoxy on the accessible side to coil-bind it, ending the possibility of an I.T. fault on that bike during normal riding, Erzberg FW or no. Hirschmann might have a field fix for it too, perhaps a rigid insert to replace the spring (which would be easy-ish to undo later if needed). Just a thought.

The Hirschmann throttle was a part from another vehicle not related to Alta. The design intent of that forward push is for clearing cruise control apparently...but the best solution is the firmware update. Especially if your going in and "modifying" a drive component of the vehicle.

rayivers

the best solution is the firmware update. Especially if your going in and "modifying" a drive component of the vehicle.

Agreed, but a) most people here cannot do that b) it's unclear the Erzberg FW has that update, and c) modifying any MC component that might get one seriously injured during their normal riding regimen is IMHO a good idea if other options are not available, especially if it's an extremely simple fix like the spring thing.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Agreed, but a) most people here cannot do that b) it's unclear the Erzberg FW has that update, and c) modifying any MC component that might get one seriously injured during their normal riding regimen is IMHO a good idea if other options are not available, especially if it's an extremely simple fix like the spring thing.

a) I think quite a few people here have the ability to do the necessary MT update. If not members have been more than willing to provide the capable support.

b) The Erzberg FW was created around the time we found out about the throttle issue and subsequently reported the issue to NTHSA...It has been confirmed that it has that problem. Also another point. Erzberg FW was never to be public. Some how the FW got out and ended up on this forum...if the features from that firmware were vetted, they may have ended up on later releases if we still existed. But that never occurred.

c) Hirschmann unfortunately does not have a "fix" because it was never an issue on there end. It was our software team who did not realize that signal input from the throttle would occur. Which was found as a surprise in production QC. Let alone the options are all plenty available. (Throttles are at Liquid, the harness supplier, myself).

73Thing

Are there any members in the area of Carson City Nv that could help me out with firmware?
I bought another Alta and have been putting in miles. I have noticed switching back forth from bikes that the Ty bike has less regen drag/brake and I defiantly prefer less off throttle braking. Is it possible to program less or even no regen?
Thanks Neal

Oded

Are there any members in the area of Carson City Nv that could help me out with firmware?
I bought another Alta and have been putting in miles. I have noticed switching back forth from bikes that the Ty bike has less regen drag/brake and I defiantly prefer less off throttle braking. Is it possible to program less or even no regen?
Thanks Neal

You can not program individualy the amount of regen.
You can, however, upload other Redshift's maps that best suit you.

I use the SM maps on my EX and love it. Almost no regen on maps 1 & 2. Extreme regen in map 4.