WP suspension on a Stark

Foss

What’s the goal, to make it lighter? I have not seen anyone yet do it in the wild or here. You’d be the first, but I guess it’s possible.

Unless you are doing supermoto?

fred900

The trax shock doesn't fit. Don't try filing the bottle because it looks close. Don't ask me how I know. I had to open the Botton triple clamps a mm or 2. I used a cylinder Honer, took a while but it worked perfect. I also order a backup bottom clamp just in case. On my Buddies I put the Stark upper fork tube on the wp bottoms but we have KYB conversion 48mm, so looks like the Honing is going to be the solution. On a second note, My Lainer shock fit without no mods. Best suspension I have ever rode on. Lainer said that a bunch of stark owners have been buying them asking for my settings. I did have to take a bunch of rebound out of the shock . I did let a lot of people try my bike. Fork tubes were on the top line, the shock is 10mm longer. I do have a shock for sale if you're interested. I had to revalve the forks a little, I took out one base 10mm thick rebound shim right next to the valve and added to the high speed stack on the mid valve. Mine was a 10_10, swapped a 15mm thick shim from behind the shaft to the top of the high speed stack, and they were perfect.

fred900

They are the Yamaha ones. You can put the stark uppers tubes any KYB conversion bottoms. I have a friend we did that on his Yamaha 450. Now he has a KTM front wheel and a Brembo brake. It's really awesome.

fedesm297

I can confirm the Trax shock doesn't fit (the model for ktm up to my 22), the gas reservoir hit the frame and it doesn't allow the top mount to be installed. Big bummer