Xtrig PreLoad Adjuster for rear shock

JJ2

I converted the rear shock absorber with a preLoad adjuster from Xtrig.
I removed the two adjustment rings, now adjusting the sag is child's play and the xtrig is also self-locking.
In conjunction with the motool slacker sag device, you can adjust the preload and thus the static sag and the rider sag on your own. Without another person and all in real time.
I took the xtrig preload adjuster from the Yamaha YZ450F and it fits perfectly. The only difficulty is removing the original rings, because they don't fit over the lower part of the spring mount without modifications.

IMG_1024.jpeg

IMG_1029.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I converted all my Alta WP shocks to Xtrig sag adjusters. I tweaked the rear a few times, found what I liked, and I haven't touched the sag much after that. Having an Xtrig adjuster was well worth it.

On the WP you have to take the shock apart though, so I did it as part of revalves. Are you saying with the KYB shock it is different and you can get away without taking the shock apart?

JJ2

Yes, I installed the xtrig adjuster without disassembling the shock.
The diameter of the bump rubber guide was too large to remove the original adjustment rings and install the Xtrig adjuster.
I therefore cut a small recess in the bump rubber guide so that the conversion works without dismantling the shock.
The bump rubber guide is not completely cut up, but a small recess is sufficient to allow the rings to be removed.

Foss

I did the same thing but grind 1-2mill around the bump guide using a table grinder. It’s nearly seamless but worked. Here is the part if you need a new one.

And I picked the kawi xtrig works well also.