2001 RM with QS138 70H V3 motor and Votol EM200 Controller at an Enduro

DonCox

A friend in Florida who has ridden quite a bit in the Florida area, before on I believe a SurRon type bike, put together a simple but very effective full size electric bike to run the Florida type Hare Scrambles. About a 12 mile (20 minute lap) with the ability to swap batteries each lap. He didn't video the battery change in this YouTube, but again a simple but very effective battery change system. Look at the pics, He is running the QS 138 70H V3 motor, a Votol EM200 SP/2 controller ( max 240A,) but he ran this hare scramble at 220A, 2 batteries, 20S8P, Molicel P42A cells, approx 34AH, or 2.4KW . The packs could put out over 300Amps, and they could go one lap at approx 300 amps if he wanted to, but he would need a bigger controller. I think he performed quite well on the bike. Let him know what you guys think. I'm very impressed.

Derek Timm's bike.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
That motor fits this RM very well! And the tiny battery is so cute! If I could swap those on my Alta quickly, I would bring 4 of them for a practice day and 3-4 for a race day, depending on the track!

That yellow tank is big enough for some Gatorade and an ice pack. Wouldn't it be cool to sip your drink through a straw straight from the gas tank cap?!!! :LOL:

Glenl

Verry nice, this is the same method of how i placed the battery on my KTM EXC. Good weight distribution there i think.

DonCox

Hey have you tuned the EM200? any play with flux weakening etc?
Here are video.s of my YZ with and without Flux Weaking. the One that says Sport mode, the Battery was in the mid 70"s Volts, but you can hear the motor spool up higher. The One with the 2 of us, the CRF and YZ , I was in Mode 2 (66% of sport mode Amps,) but no flux weaking, it doesn't reach the same RPM and the battery was about the same ares, 74 - 76V
Mode 2, no Flux Weakening
Sport Mode and Flux Weakening

I have made some slight changes to the program since these pictures (Undervoltage is now 59, Soft Undervoltage is 65, and EBS is now 7% for regen less..) But I have not messed with the rest of the E&C.com settings

IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG

IMG_2718.JPG

DonCox

Yes, it is for a EM260SP The Controller always says EM-100. Just lower the Bus Bar Current on the first page, and your current limiting max for Sport Mode on Pg 2. 200A or try 250A . I think it can push that much. The EM150 pushes 200A.

Glenl

Ah yea the EM200/2sp i got can do 320 A in sport for about 10seconds then it goes back to non sport. ill just play around with this hdc value, ive heard it is like a rpm limiter?

Top Bottom