2k mile maintenance done.

snydes

Staff member
The center wear rail was pretty much gone, I’ll take a comparison shot next to a new one. I started to notice more chain noise which made me take a closer look. Probably should have replaced them a little while ago. Interestingly, my wife’s bike only has 200 less miles and look much better, but I had put a Hot Foot Moto swing arm slider on it when it had maybe 50 miles on the odometer.

snydes

Staff member
Wow! Ok, I feel better now. 2,000 miles?

2,115 to be exact. Wife’s bike is substantially better at 1,900 miles, not sure why. Could be since hers is lowered the chain lives in a more desirable angle? I did have mine in the sand dunes for a couple of rides but I’d be surprised if that accelerated the wear that much.

Steve, can i ask please what chain your running, and also front & rear sprocket sizes?.

Be good to know if its a stock set up still?, or you have a bigger or smaller front/rear sprocket etc to get an idea on the wear/use.

As thinking maybe with a 13t it might wear a little less than with a stock 12t given a little extra height?.

snydes

Staff member
Steve, can i ask please what chain your running, and also front & rear sprocket sizes?.

Be good to know if its a stock set up still?, or you have a bigger or smaller front/rear sprocket etc to get an idea on the wear/use.

As thinking maybe with a 13t it might wear a little less than with a stock 12t given a little extra height?.
Stock gearing all around. I have the same chain on both bikes, which I'd have to double check what the exact model is but they were sealed chains, I believe x-rings but I'll have to look to be sure. I agree the 13 should certainly help, and is a popular change with many MX guys.

snydes

Staff member
Are these parts still available from LP, or did you stock up when they were? I should get an extra set.

The swingarm sliders are a reproduction by Hot Foot Moto and are available on eBay;
Alta Redshift MX MXR EXR SM Front Chain Slider | eBay

The front lower slider is available through Liquid;
ALTA LOWER CHAIN SLIDER 4401918-00 | eBay

The rear lower slider is a standard KTM part produced by Polisport (Polisport 8435900001) and also available from Liquid out of their Alta inventory;
07-19 KTM 250SX: Polisport Chain Guide (BLACK) | eBay

evh1

The swingarm sliders are a reproduction by Hot Foot Moto and are available on eBay;
Alta Redshift MX MXR EXR SM Front Chain Slider | eBay

The front lower slider is .....

Thanks for the links! Just replaced my chain at 1052 miles and needed the sliders soon. Mine looked a bit worse, but I use my Alta alot to scout/ hunt deer as well as wood moto so I'm in alot of muck weekly. Still going strong though! Gotta love this bike.

Dirt-E

I just ordered a new set of sliders on Ebay. I bid on the lower one. The big one is like $50. I was getting some weird chain noise as well so I looked at the sliders and they were starting to get worn down pretty far. I might pick up a few sets, just in case. Thanks for bringing this stuff up!