A little bit about my 2008 YZ250F Electric Conversion

DonCox

@DonCox did you also buy the CAN Isolator? 1.04.0075.03000 HMS Networks | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey

(Helps with CAN noise and also any issues between the computer and Sevcon) - I run these all the time at work
Thanks Rashid510. I didn't know there wasn't termination in that adapter. DigiKey was out of stock of that item and $33 plus shipping. Amazon had one for for $8 , and will be here in 2 days. Plus they had information on the product. But thanks for the info. I don't have the DVT software yet, but I am supposed to get it soon.

testus191

I picked up a Sevcon Dragon8 controller off of Ebay for cheap after a nearly full refund. I have the older build of DVT, customer version 12.497, and IXXAT V1.5. However, I am stuck at 0 level login access and cannot figure out how to change it and if it's even possible. I assume there is a UserID and password that is needed but have no way of getting that info unfortunately. Anyone have any suggestions?

DonCox

I picked up a Sevcon Dragon8 controller off of Ebay for cheap after a nearly full refund. I have the older build of DVT, customer version 12.497, and IXXAT V1.5. However, I am stuck at 0 level login access and cannot figure out how to change it and if it's even possible. I assume there is a UserID and password that is needed but have no way of getting that info unfortunately. Anyone have any suggestions?
I have a Sevcon Controller on my dirt bike. I was introduced to A gentleman named Richard George to help me get my system up and communicating. The friend who recommended him has used him numerous times, he is good. He used to work for Sevcon before it became Borg Warner, and he can work with them to get you going. He does charge a fee for his service. His number is 951 445-8343 Email is RDGengineer@gmail.com
I hope he can help you. He will tell you if he can help you before he charges , or starts the clock. He is in Pacific time.

testus191

I have a Sevcon Controller on my dirt bike. I was introduced to A gentleman named Richard George to help me get my system up and communicating. The friend who recommended him has used him numerous times, he is good. He used to work for Sevcon before it became Borg Warner, and he can work with them to get you going. He does charge a fee for his service. His number is 951 445-8343 Email is RDGengineer@gmail.com
I hope he can help you. He will tell you if he can help you before he charges , or starts the clock. He is in Pacific time.
Don, thank you for the info! I will reach out and see if Richard can help me out.

DonCox

I'd recommend a Sevcon g4 s6, in my experience Kelly controllers are garbage and if they work at all half power is all they can muster. Programming a sevcon isn't any more difficult than a Kelly you simply have to bend over and buy the ixxat CAN-usb adapter. I am seeing 450A from the battery size 6 into an ME1304, 100V.
Have you succeeded in getting the Sevcon dialed in? What throttle are you using. I ask these questions, because I have about the same setup. 2014 YZ250F bike, Sevcon Gen4 S6, ME1115 in an XEMX1 gear reduction, 20S14P Sony VTC6 cells for now. I am using the Domino throttle. I have the programming cable for the Sevcon and the program loaded and connected on my laptop. I haven't got far in the programming. it runs, but does not follow the throttle. Give it throttle, and it moves, but it doesn't slow when I let off the throttle. Here are a couple of pictures. You have any skills on the Sevcon yet? Could you load your program into my controller. I would pay you if you could. Our motors are very close.

image (2).jpg

image (3).jpg

testus191

It's been a minute since I've been on DVT so I can't remember the exact tab you need to navigate to, but can you check what your throttle start and end values are? You can use the viewer to monitor what voltages the controller is reading.

DonCox

...you aren't kidding. I had a conversation with the manufacturer about doing an integrated box - got a tooling price, but I couldn't get them to give me a piece price and minimum order quantity... I've started conversations with another supplier about doing the gearbox by itself, will require a pretty significant investment. I think if they could be priced at 500-600 bucks there would be a lot of buyers.
Dain,
How is the bike running? I have a XEMX1 gear reduced ME1115 motor with a Sevcon Gen 6 controller 80V 550A. I am using the Domino throttle. I cannot get good or reliable throttle response with this combo. Do you do your own programming, or who do you use. Could you program mine for me, or sell me your you software settings. I have the IXXAT setup, and can get into it, but I don't have many clues after that.

DonCox

We gotta do a battle of the electric pit bikes! My KTM 85 Supermini is probably as fast as my Alta but it's so short I can't keep the front end down, lol. It's as light as I can build it and it's still heavy, 125cc bike heavy. But then again, other than the wheels and frame it's got full size bike suspension, brakes, controls, etc, plus water cooled battery and controller (ASI8000).

View attachment 7662
Mark911, are you going up to the Fully Charged Electric Showdown Austin is putting on. I am pretty sure I can get there, but I should have one if not all 3 of the 3 KX100 electrics I've built up there.

image (4).jpg