Acerbis Plastics Tools

Motophyllic

I searched my purchase history and can’t find where I bought these, but a Google search for metric threaded inserts will give you plenty of options. Sorry I can’t find a link for this.

A5ED424E-B288-4DE2-B923-C0B88ED74065.jpeg

9FAC0F62-2B83-4F22-9FCF-6636C0FD75AA.jpeg

Solorider69

Welcome gio, thank you for reaching out here. We should definitely not let this tooling get discarded if it comes to that, regardless of how much plastic Liquid Performance currently has. I assume we are talking about a substantial quantity of tooling? I think based on the stock that we currently have with Liquid, there won't be a demand for new plastic anytime soon, unless they would be open to doing runs in different colors, then I think perhaps people may be interested in putting together an order. We need to think this through as this opportunity will only happen once.
I’d love a set of Plastics for my redshift max in any color but white. Brown, black, green, - trying to now stand out. I want to be covert on my silent bike

Motophyllic

I’d love a set of Plastics for my redshift max in any color but white. Brown, black, green, - trying to now stand out. I want to be covert on my silent bike
One of our members spray-painted them and they came out great. Maybe something you wanna consider while you’re waiting for the new design. I wrapped mine and love them.

padu

good afternoon all,

someone from Acerbis just reached out (I used to work at ALTA, happy days) asking what to do with the ALTA plastic tools.

whether folks would be interested in making a run of plastics, or to get the tools somewhere let me know and i can let the Acerbis team know.
Do you have any idea how much did it cost to make those tools? Order of magnitude?

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Do you have any idea how much did it cost to make those tools? Order of magnitude?

High six-seven figures. Its probably now a rusted hulk knowing Acerbis. They wouldnt restart production without a high MOQ. Even with the high population of Altas, the production cost to run new plastics would be very-very cost prohibitive.

rayivers

Not sure if anyone's reached out to prototyping shops, but this place in Holland appears to be able to generate CAD files from a 3D scanner so maybe all they'd need is a sample shroud / number plate / etc. to get started. I'm sure the cost will be sky-high for the first part & much less for #100, but imo any option's better than nothing - and there may be a very cheap place in China or wherever (I searched Google for all of 10 seconds).