Aftermarket Kick Stand Mount

AL_V

If your kickstand mount broke, Stark will send you a new one for free in a couple days, they did it for me.
Then, before you mount it, drill a hole in it and add a screw like in this photo.
That keeps the kickstand from swinging too far forward, and corrects the lean.
(This wasn't my idea, not taking credit, but also can't find the original post)
Also-I read on FB, that the Racetork mount isn't any better...
kickstand mod.jpg

Torqu3

The one I linked to above claims to fix the lean angle by moving the pivot lower and also it looks like the cross-section as a good bit thicker in a few key spots. My mount snapped while I was pivoting the bike on the kickstand. Judging by where it snapped on the factory one, the aftermarket one appears to have significantly more metal there and it looks to be a machined piece (out of either 6061 or 7075 aluminum most likely). It should be a good bit stronger than the mostly likely cast piece the bike came with. Clearly they were trying to make the factory one as light as possible for the function of a kickstand but failed to consider other uses and the different stresses on parts, such like pivoting a bike in the stand.

AL_V

The one I linked to above claims to fix the lean angle by moving the pivot lower and also it looks like the cross-section as a good bit thicker in a few key spots. My mount snapped while I was pivoting the bike on the kickstand. Judging by where it snapped on the factory one, the aftermarket one appears to have significantly more metal there and it looks to be a machined piece (out of either 6061 or 7075 aluminum most likely). It should be a good bit stronger than the mostly likely cast piece the bike came with. Clearly they were trying to make the factory one as light as possible for the function of a kickstand but failed to consider other uses and the different stresses on parts, such like pivoting a bike in the stand.
My kickstand mount broke, and I contacted Stark. They sent me a brand new one for free, they said it was a known issue.
I can only say what I read on Facebook; that someone bought the racetorx mount and it “does not fix the lean angle, save your money.”
The screw mod works.

Torqu3

Do you know if Stark changed anything with the mount design to make it stronger? If they didn't change it I'll just leave it off my bike for now. Thank you for the heads up about that aftermarket part. I was hoping it would take care of the lean angle as well as the robustness of the OEM part. I guess I'll save my money until another solution comes out from Stark or otherwise.

AL_V

Do you know if Stark changed anything with the mount design to make it stronger? If they didn't change it I'll just leave it off my bike for now. Thank you for the heads up about that aftermarket part. I was hoping it would take care of the lean angle as well as the robustness of the OEM part. I guess I'll save my money until another solution comes out from Stark or otherwise.
When my kickstand mount broke, they sent me a new replacement for free, same as original.
They are supposed to have a recall and send out a new updated mount at some point, but that seems to have fallen into the “Stark delivery delay loop.”
I successfully TIG welded my broken one (it’s steel) before I received the replacement, and it’s been holding up, so I have a spare.

IMG_7838.jpeg

IMG_7839.jpeg

IMG_7840.jpeg

Top Bottom