Altering firmware

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
They may still be prevented from doing that under an NDA. They usually have time limits, but it's only been just a little over a year.
An NDA cannot prevent anyone from seeking employment. At least this is what I heard the case is in California.

I am curious how Alta employees got lured into, or threatened into, signing their NDAs. It must have been either some carrot or a stick. And I am also curious if the text of the NDA is also under the NDA. But regardless, we are not asking or encouraging anyone to violate their NDAs. And NDAs have their limitations.

Jared

I've been told the Erzberg firmware has that already. You can download it together with MultiTool. Not sure if there are any tricks to installing it though, it's an older firmware.
Hmmm, may now have a reason to set up multi tool...may need to also look carefully at sergeynik’s posts to see what pins to use for canbus since I don’t have dongle.

Oded

I've been told the Erzberg firmware has that already. You can download it together with MultiTool. Not sure if there are any tricks to installing it though, it's an older firmware.

Anyone downloaded and tried it already?

metallic88

so Ive been looking at the inverter firmware and if there is someone that knows assembly really well, here is a little of it. but does anyone know what microprocessor the inverter uses?

Attachments

• test.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 15

Mark911

Just take your cover off and the chip is right there. Or search the forum as it's pretty common knowledge. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell you much (if any) about the actual code. I've got several inverter chips purchased from supply houses as they've been discontinued as I remember. Again, unfortunately, you can't even replace the chip because a new one will not have the Bootloader installed and although the chip mfg provides a basic bootloader the Alta guys modified it quite a bit per typical practice. Trying to figure out all the Alta specific register and memory mapping difference plus whatever else they changed would be, in my opinion, even more important than reverse engineering the inverter code. Without it, as a community we'll never be able to replace a bad inverter processor, ACM processor, DCCP processor(s), BCU processor(s), etc. Note, each module has a different processor and therefore a unique Bootloader. The CAN Bootloaders tell the processor how to communicate with the outside world (via CAN obviously) and are hard installed at the chip or board assembly level before any firmware is loaded via MT (via CAN).

Note: If anyone has access to one or more CAN bootloaders please advise.