Anti-Theft?!

Foss

When you figure it out let me know!! I couldn’t agree more.

There is countless reasons to disable it.
As much as I agree with being off the grid and not having any entity having full control of my bike. I am going to wait until my warranty expires lol. This bike data logs like an animal, as soon as it doesn’t heartbeat with starks servers, I am sure they will drop the warranty. We are all beta tester at this point… I mean I have literally swapped out every part except the frame and battery at this point. But I am worried my battery is next to go because it only stops at 97% battery. I never get a true 100%

As soon as I hear stark throttling the bikes on us by pushing updates or code to the bike. I am 100% onboard with bricking communication. We have seen this with cars having speed limiters where they implement code in the ECU to throttle the horsepower as it gets past a certain mileage for either break-ins or longevity/reliability.

Torqu3

Yeah I agree. While a live data connection can certainly enable nefarious behavior, I highly doubt that's the case at the moment. They took a page right out of the Tesla playbook by having cellular and WiFi connected bikes which allows for simplicity and reliability in firmware/software updates as they work out bugs in the inverter and VCU. Alternatively, if updating the software/firmwas was a process that required more involvement from the user or the local dealer ot may lead to a poor customer experience as well as higher warranty cost for the manufacturer.

Foss

It would be great if stark gave us the software to pair with our personal computers and allow us to interface with troubleshooting, debug, datalogging the bike on the fly when we are outside our warranty window. I do not want to be completely reliant on stark when something fails related to the VCU, motor, and battery. I should be able to view battery health, and other internal diagnostics sort of like the Tesla Easter egg where you hold down on the “Model” titling in services and the secret password field pops up and you type in “service”

Torqu3

It would be great if stark gave us the software to pair with our personal computers and allow us to interface with troubleshooting, debug, datalogging the bike on the fly when we are outside our warranty window. I do not want to be completely reliant on stark when something fails related to the VCU, motor, and battery. I should be able to view battery health, and other internal diagnostics sort of like the Tesla Easter egg where you hold down on the “Model” titling in services and the secret password field pops up and you type in “service”
Yes, agreed

Chaconne

Honestly, I think it’s going to surprise us how fast we are going to start being restricted on where we’re allowed to ride these.

It’s already painfully obvious that the green and red sticker has nothing to do with emissions since it’s such a hassle to even be able to ride an electric bike in state parks in the state of California. Just wait until we are restricted on where we can ride or we can ride and these bikes or electric cars will just not work at all unless you’re inside specific boundaries or given days.

Anyone who thinks that this is not realistic, in our lifetime is crazy.
That is why it is good to get in now before the restrictions and taxers further sink their teeth in. Many of the benies associated with adopting E are evaporating quickly. The ICE folks have spread FUD too and it is working on the folks unwilling to be early adopters. Plus, there have been shortcomings in products as well.

I am happy as hell with my Varg so far and have had no nosy Nancy events since I have reduced my ICE foot print. Often times if they can't hear you or recognize the sound they don't know you are there. :ricky:

Swank171

Here’s the lte chip they are using.

AL_V

these bikes or electric cars will just not work at all unless you’re inside specific boundaries or given days.

Anyone who thinks that this is not realistic, in our lifetime is crazy.
Only "electric" cars?
Don't today's ICE cars have the same connectivity/Nosy Nancy issues?

Swank171

Only "electric" cars?
Don't today's ICE cars have the same connectivity/Nosy Nancy issues?
The easiest cars to shut down will be electric. A lot of the newer ice have nosy features but can’t be shut off. That’s up to you what you buy. If you want to get into this we can start a whole new thread….but my point here is the e dirtbike that can be shut off remotely.

Depending on that you have you could be stranded by a remote operator….I choose to drive a 1997 f350 diesel.

MadpdXabbott

My though is look what they did or might do to the Drone Pilots that followed the rules and Registered , just change the law and shut them down. now there sitting on 2-5k of drones they cant fly and are tracked. by GPS tags. My Stark Varg is the least of my concern. We all need better digital rights, and less government tracking on all devices.