Arctic Leopard E-XE 880 Electric Dirt Bike

HadesOmega

Whoa this thing is legit! It's like a lighter Redshift. Only thing that is similar I could think of is the Talaria Dragon. Exciting times!

Oded

On paper, It's exactly what I am after - a lightweight Redshift. I doubt, however, its quality.

HadesOmega

I think the fact they raced Dakar one of the hardest off road races in the world on that bike is credibility enough. I've only heard of Arctic Leopard couple times but this one has my attention. Exciting times for electric bikes. I don't think they'll catch up with the gas bikes anytime soon not until there is some kinda battery breakthrough technology.

He mentioned the regen. So they have a variable regen throttle like the EBMX X-9000 controller and ASI BAC controllers. I don't even have to upgrade the controller to get one =P

Beagle

It's 50 hp, 108 kg, 6 kWh, $11 000.

So compared to 60 hp Varg you can spare $2 000 to get a bike 10 kg lighter with 10 hp less and 10% less battery.

For $500 you can upgrade to 6,75 kWh battery but no word on weight.

For $200 you can get an electronic clutch but haven't seen any details on that yet?

Build quality will be important, handling as well (non descript Chinese suspensions). In the comments they say that the low weight, compared to the Varg, comes from air cooling instead of liquid cooling so we will see if there are any issues with heat.

bayodome

The Talaria Dragon is a smaller bike like the Ultra Bee or Dust Moto, or the other new Arctic Leopard model, the EXT800.

658b829725287.png

The Arctic Leopard E-XE 880 is a full size bike meant to compete with the Varg or 250F...maybe a 450F, at least off the bottom. Excited to see where it does fit in, how it performs, and how it holds up.

HadesOmega

Hmm the wheelbase is the same as the Varg. The Ultra Bee is 4 inches shorter. It looks smaller than the Varg and they were comparing it to a 300 in the video. So I guess its like a full size enduro bike wheras the Varg is more a full size motocross bike.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, is this thing real?

A full-size dirt bike with great power/weight/battery specs! An electronic clutch/LHRB. Other than the non-name suspension and brakes, all other specs are better than the Alta and rival the Stark.

We do not even have a category in this forum for this bike. I just made a new Full-Size dirt bike category and put this Arctic Leopard and a Surron Storm Bee there. Done. I am also linking to it from General for more visibility.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
And this company is doing it right -- they hired pro riders and went racing. Mad respect to them.

Now they just need to race some motocross or supercross and offer a brake upgrade and an optional brand-name suspension that suspension shops can work with.

Beagle

Actually I think their CEO went racing Dakar. It will be interesting to see if it can sustain the abuse from pro SX riders and how range compares to others.
Philip, can we start a thread for Honda CR-E in this subforum?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Philip, can we start a thread for Honda CR-E in this subforum?
Feel free to start a new thread anywhere you see fit. New threads are always welcomed.

We have some threads about the CR-E in the Production Intent e-Motorcycles subforum. but they are really old. It is not our fault but Honda's. They are taking way too long to produce an electric dirt bike.

TitieForumRepliesDate

Beagle

Hell yeah they're taking their sweet time, I've been waiting for specs for 7 years (unveiled as Mugen e-rex in 2017)!

lambo

maybe some of you guys have not quite grasped what the bike is? there's a few above mentioning putting it through its paces at an mx track even someone wanting to take it round an sx track if I read correctly (brave guy😁) which I hope you guys enjoy but just to be clear it's an off road bike purely built for enduro, trail riding, it's not an mx bike its not set up for that type of riding, only mentioning this as it's a new to the market bike and these type of threads will be read by people looking to buy so please if your going to critique it at least ride it where it's designed to be ridden .as well to give it fair chance ..oif course it'll get round an mx track and it's certainly quick enough but it is an off road bike not a varg/alta competitor..
If ive refered to your post in mine please don't see it as my having a pop at you as that's not the case at all it's because I have a vested interest in its success in the UK ..first bike arrives here next week then a few more mid April and we will be taking one racing in various hare scrambles/cross country and enduro events taking on the petrol bikes

Aashvi78

This electric dirt bike, the Arctic Leopard E-XE 880, is revolutionary! It provides an exciting ride over any terrain because to its svelte design and strong electric motor. Adventure seekers wishing to explore off-road terrain with less of an impact on the environment will find it to be an excellent option due to its high performance and environmentally friendly approach.PM kisan status

lambo

I get mine middle of April and I'll be posting from the unboxing to testing/set up to after race reports

lambo

This electric dirt bike, the Arctic Leopard E-XE 880, is revolutionary! It provides an exciting ride over any terrain because to its svelte design and strong electric motor. Adventure seekers wishing to explore off-road terrain with less of an impact on the environment will find it to be an excellent option due to its high performance and environmentally friendly approach.PM kisan status
I imagine your from the company/head office?