Be sure to power off your bike if your done riding for the day (no flashing red lights).

PsychoBunny

Just a heads up, I noticed that the bike will not charge if it is not turned on. I also noticed that the bike in standby mode will drain the battery at least for me by 3-4% every 24 hours. I am not aware of any built in safety measure that might power the bike off once it gets to a certain battery level but if this is a bug then make sure you power your bike off after each ride. If this is a bug then maybe after 8-12 hours of standby the bike should automatically power off.

The problem would be that if you ride your bike to 20% then leave it in standby for a couple weeks and the battery drains 100% then you will not be able to power on the bike in order for it to charge. Not sure if this is happening to anyone, but unless there is something addressing this then it's possible. Long story short, if your done for the day power the bike off.

How to power off the bike:
Hold the up/down buttons next to the power button for 5 red blinks then you will get a white light meaning the bike is off, no red lights should flash after this.

fully

DJ drone batteries will drop down to about 60% from fully charged in 2 weeks, then dont seem to drop any lower from what I have seen.
I think the slow draining of battery helps protect the batteries in both the drone and the Stark.
Advice I believe is to charge lithium ion batteries to only 50% for storage and then back up to 50% once it drops down to 30%
Switching the bike completely off would stop the bike slowly draining.
This is what I have read anyway

VargRider1609

Just a heads up, I noticed that the bike will not charge if it is not turned on. I also noticed that the bike in standby mode will drain the battery at least for me by 3-4% every 24 hours. I am not aware of any built in safety measure that might power the bike off once it gets to a certain battery level but if this is a bug then make sure you power your bike off after each ride. If this is a bug then maybe after 8-12 hours of standby the bike should automatically power off.

The problem would be that if you ride your bike to 20% then leave it in standby for a couple weeks and the battery drains 100% then you will not be able to power on the bike in order for it to charge. Not sure if this is happening to anyone, but unless there is something addressing this then it's possible. Long story short, if your done for the day power the bike off.

How to power off the bike:
Hold the up/down buttons next to the power button for 5 red blinks then you will get a white light meaning the bike is off, no red lights should flash after this.
If the battery is less than 20%, when you power off the bike it won't go into standdby and straight into full shut down, so no need to worry about that :)

SethML

Advice I believe is to charge lithium ion batteries to only 50% for storage and then back up to 50% once it drops down to 30%
Switching the bike completely off would stop the bike slowly draining.
This is what I have read anyway
Under 50% is best, but really under 85% is fine. Really 0% is best, but if any electronics in the bike drain the battery below 0% it'll be damaged.

Source: I've read a number of papers on battery degradation. The main causes of accelerated battery degradation are storage at or near full charge, and being hot. Both simultaneously is particularly bad. That's why laptop batteries tend to have short lifespans: if your laptop is usually plugged in and turned on, the battery spends most of its time hot (because of CPU heat) and at 100% charge.

In my mind it's the 85-85 rule: store batteries under 85% charge and 85 deg F.

Here's a paper if you want more detail:
Calendar Aging of Lithium-Ion Batteries

PsychoBunny

With the new code updates there is a timer in settings that will automatically shut down, as if the time writing this the max time for standby is 1 hour and you can adjust for less, the auto N has a timer setting as well in the same area.