Charged Cycle Works - Stark Varg vs Ultra Bee Trail Ride Test

HadesOmega

I've ridden and raced against a Cake Kalk before it's a good bike, it's equivalent to an Ultra Bee i guess. It is VERY expensive and uses proprietary parts. It's like the same price as a Varg. I raced against one for a 3 years at Virginia City Grand Prix, it was a modified Kalk with Husky suspension and a bunch of batteries. One downside to this bike in a grand prix race is that it is not easy to swap the battery. Tools are required to swap the battery, whereas my Light Bee I could swap the battery in under a minute.

Oded

I've ridden and raced against a Cake Kalk before it's a good bike, it's equivalent to an Ultra Bee i guess. It is VERY expensive and uses proprietary parts. It's like the same price as a Varg. I raced against one for a 3 years at Virginia City Grand Prix, it was a modified Kalk with Husky suspension and a bunch of batteries. One downside to this bike in a grand prix race is that it is not easy to swap the battery. Tools are required to swap the battery, whereas my Light Bee I could swap the battery in under a minute.
you raced against the Cake Kalk.
the new model is called Bukk. much more dirt oriented with a 30 second battery swap. cool bike.

HadesOmega

It looks like the same bike not impressed when you break something it'll be expensive to fix also. The Kalk was a dirt bike I don't know how much more dirt oriented you can get.

The alternative might be a second hand YZ250 with a EMC electric motor, controller and swappable battery. Would set you back about 7K USD. Be lighter than stark and reportedly will get 25- 30 miles 40-60 kms of trail riding*** variable on track conditions . Elevation , regeneration , rider and throttle use.

HadesOmega

I think they just ran out of money like Alta did. I read that they needed to sell a certain amount of bikes to stay afloat and they didn't meet that target. Like I mentioned it can't compete with the newer electric dirt bikes coming out in terms of value.