Charging with Generator

UKLee

I have been charging my stark with a generator which will work at 6 amps' put it on 7 and it trips out, Only just foung I can link 2 generators to get double the power and charge it at the maximum 10 amps hopefully

I know I could have got one bigger generator but these are more manageable I can chuck them up on a shelf and I already had one.

Bendejo

How long does it take to charge at 6 amps? I have been thinking about picking up a small cheap generator inverter 2500-3500 watt. I want it for the MX track. Charge in between rides.

UKLee

1728802614524.jpeg

1728802736889.jpeg

How long does it take to charge at 6 amps? I have been thinking about picking up a small cheap generator inverter 2500-3500 watt. I want it for the MX track. Charge in between rides.
Not sure, the same time I got this set up stark changed the scale from 10 amps to 3.3 kw max looked up a conversion chart and looks like rocket science ! Someone said it could be there way of hiding they have had to reduce the charging rate because of overheating.... who knows.
Wonder if stark will send me some more duct tape to keep the phone in place or they could even FIX THE PROBLEM ? Same with another power button that stuck in :rolleyes:

Theo

I know I could have got one bigger generator but these are more manageable I can chuck them up on a shelf and I already had one.
I don't know how much a generator weighs but I strongly believe that the day of the trackday physical efforts, especially before the riding is over, should be avoided, so I like the idea.

Not sure, the same time I got this set up stark changed the scale from 10 amps to 3.3 kw max looked up a conversion chart and looks like rocket science ! Someone said it could be there way of hiding they have had to reduce the charging rate because of overheating.... who knows.
There is a document named Stark VARG - Specification sheet in the Stark's support section of their site, according to which the output voltage of the charger is 210V-430V and its maximum output current is 10 amps, so the 10 amps stated previously in the Varg app apparently were the ones going to the battery and not the ones taken from the electricity supply; after all, otherwise someone charging at 110 V at a certain amperage would have actually charged way slower than someone charging at 220 V at that same amperage. 10 amps • 330 V, which is included in that aforementioned range, = 3.3 kw. I personally live in Italy, where, in our houses, we can get a maximum voltage of 230 V and the sockets are rated to withstand a maximum of 16 amps, which yields 3.7 kw. The Shucko, or type F, plug of the Varg charger is rated for something similar, so we would not be able to get more than that from the socket anyways and probably that's already what we get, because 3.3 kw going into the battery is probably something more, like 3.7, after some losses have reduced the value. Another thought that validates this is that Stark has always stated, as far as I remember, that the Varg can be charged in two hours and in order to charge a 6.5 kwh battery in 2 hours you need roughly 3.3 kw.

UKLee

I timed it and whilst charging on maximum it took about 45 seconds to go up 1%, not sure if it is the same throughout the charge or if the temperature makes a differance.

I find it best to carry the 2 generators at the same time, one in each hand to balance it out, 47lbs/21kg each.