Code 35 and 36

kenweld

So after riding today, put the bike on charge and let it completely charge until the charger turned itself off. Then when i unplugged it now shows code 35 and 36! Ive being dredding this moment. Also i live in Australia so not alot of support. Its a 2017 MX with 75hrs and i havent updated firmware or even hooked it up to multitool for that matter (guess i need to, to check battery levels?). Also the battery indicator on screen shows it slightly less even tho its being fully charged- not sure if means anything. If anyone can give any help or suggestions its much appreciated.

Hi Ken.

I am very sorry to hear this, and as you say being the other side of the world makes life harder to own a Alta.

All i can say, is what you have already said, get Multitool and get it hooked up. At least then you will also have some visual evidence to work from mate.

I will draft in @Rashid510 and hopefully if he has time will give his thoughts on the display issue you have mentioned above.

Get Multitool and the Diagnostic lead (I made my own lead up for the Alta side of it, and very simple to do from the info on here) and just bought a second hand Canusb from Ebay.

This is the CANUSB - LAWICEL CANUSB | canusb.com

This is a good thread for info - How-To : Install and Use Alta Multitool Software

This is the Data port cable that's available pre-built (not sure on availability tho you would have to ask - but as not in the US like you it's why i built my own) - Alta Data Port Cable

And finally this is our last conversation with some links in it too - Alta - Alta connecter plug

Good luck mate & let us know what you find out.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
@#76 thanks for the ping.

Few notes here:
Code 35 - Pack voltage imbalance
Code 36 - Module voltage imbalance

Usually the Code 35 occurs due to the Code 36. The only way to clear the code is to get multitool as 76 mentioned. Ideally getting Multitool helps, especially outside the US. Along with that the display is probably showing the SOC level that the charger is able to charge to (probably due to the pack imbalance). Updating firmware will help, though being a early Alta, the latest firmware sack will keep the code coming up.

Reactions: #76

kenweld

Thanks for the reply guys......is there anybody here who has the same code 35 and 36 who can tune in on some knowledge about it? Like how long have they being riding with the codes, has it affected range or power and will it likely damage battery more?