Concerns over taking delivery?

Jaynen

My bike is coming up for delivery it was for the end of Nov now mid December to North Carolina. Situation has changed a bit in the past year+ I have been waiting. I really don't know how much I will end up using or liking the bike but after waiting so long I would like to "try it". My question to you guys is if I do take delivery do you think they are going to hold their value well or am I going to take a bath on it like you do most new bikes?

AL_V

I think it will hold value until the dealers have stock on their showroom floors.
That said, mine is also estimated delivery Dec 15, but the recent email from Stark hints at it being delayed.
Most, if not all of the dealers have demos you can try out. The dealer here let a friend take one home for a day, and we took it to the trails and gave it a real world test.
I am definitely going to purchase mine, but I actually hope it's delayed another 2-3 months or so (Ohio winter).
So, my advice is; try out a demo, and then make your decision. You lose the $100 deposit if you cancel, but that money's long gone anyway...

Jaynen

Yeah do you know if it will go to a dealer or to us anyway? Maybe I can see if the dealer would buy it off me if I don't want to keep it? Are people flipping them already? I just spoke to warp 9 and they will have sumo kits live in a few days :)

AL_V

Yeah do you know if it will go to a dealer or to us anyway? Maybe I can see if the dealer would buy it off me if I don't want to keep it? Are people flipping them already? I just spoke to warp 9 and they will have sumo kits live in a few days :)
At one point Stark said we could choose to have it delivered to a dealer, but I am pretty sure that option never became a reality.
EDIT: Looks like now delivery through a dealer is becoming somewhat mandatory?
Why would the dealer buy it from you (except at a big discount), when they are getting wholesale prices from Stark?
And yes, if you can believe the posts on FB, some people have flipped theirs for ~20-25k.
Personally, I have zero interest in sumo, but to each his own...

evh1

I just heard from my Alabama dealer for Stark out of the blue. He had my order specs and said your Feb2024 date just got bumped up to Dec 10 !! I had originally set up home delivery but now that this dealer is getting floor stock he said Stark contacted him with my order. So, I checked all my specs and told him to get’er done! He will assemble it for me as it was included in his deal with Stark. I’m prolly riding a grey Stark, woods calved suspension and 60hp. I’m stoked!
I’ve got 2 EXR Altas. One I’ll keep to hunt off on and treat badly. The other is a super low hour sweetheart if anyone’s looking. I’m motivated to sell!

Top Bottom