Coolant Pump... not running with ignition on

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Today my buddy and I got 39 miles in at Pachaug State Forest in CT. I tried bleeding the coolant system before riding it, and I was able to get 100ml in it, but half way through the ride the pump was running dry and was making a buzzing sound. Back at the truck I added another 100ml and the pump started to sound normal. Much less noise now that the system is topped off.

Still waiting on the parts from Alta. Looks like FedEx blew off the Saturday delivery!

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
No leaks that I have seen. It's clear the system is hard to purge. Seems the bike needs a good ride to help with the bleeding process. After adding the last 100ml the pump got quiet as it should.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Final update!

I'm considering this issue done and over with.

The pump is working as it's supposed to. Ultimately I don't know what the cause of the problem was, but it must have been the pump, ACM, or the wiring as all of them were changed. It took a good ride to purge the air trapped in the coolant system, I added 240ml of coolant after I got the bike back from the dealer. The pump is whisper quiet now, actually hard to tell its running.

Alta motors shipped me parts I needed to address some dealer level / Alta acknowledged issues with spinning thread inserts, as well as some missing hardware. All good there now!

AND, Alta shipped me two shirts and a beanie hat!

I'm happy, the bike is 100%, I just need to kiss and makeup with the dealer who got sick of taking my calls over the 8 weeks to straighten out and rectify the pump issue.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Man, you have so much patience and faith! Alta or your dealer should have also sent you a gold medal.

LOL! We all survived it. What could anyone do? The dealer doesn't have the experience (how could they?), Alta couldn't figure it out, so they eventually they tossed parts at it until it worked. I hope Alta gets all the parts back, pinpoints the problem, and then can add code or change something to prevent or identify the problem in the future.

I feel that Alta took care of me. I'm not an easy customer, I have a high standard of vehicle prep and condition, and high standards of those who work on them and sell them.