Display - functions and look up firmware

snydes

Staff member
Yeah, service@altamotors.co asked that I not ride until its fixed. Alta probably represents 1% of this dealer's sales, the way they treat customers I can't imagine they would care what Alta said. This weekend I leave for a week of Adv riding then I'm planning on taking the EXR & a generator up to Tillamook for a few days. I'm just dropping it at the dealer before I leave & if they don't fix it by my return I'll just have to ride it broken.

If you didn't already maybe try talking to your salesman directly? If it's just some yahoo at the desk scheduling service appointments then they probably don't realize or care how simple of a process it is. Or maybe not.

revoltlution

Keep yer cool, don't get hurt, and never give up!
Yeah, service@altamotors.co asked that I not ride until its fixed. Alta probably represents 1% of this dealer's sales, the way they treat customers I can't imagine they would care what Alta said. This weekend I leave for a week of Adv riding then I'm planning on taking the EXR & a generator up to Tillamook for a few days. I'm just dropping it at the dealer before I leave & if they don't fix it by my return I'll just have to ride it broken.

Ugggg, Feeling your pain in Portland... #not naming names
I literally asked if they could just squeeze me in since it's just a firmware update. "Nope, we're booked up...". I made an appointment with them two weeks ago :( one more week of waiting.
I know, first world problems :)

MotoMinded

My MX-R is at Elite Motorsports. (sponsor here)
When my quick charger arrived, they just slapped a shipping label on it and did not see the big dealer note on the charger stating the firmware they needed to be updated to.
LG is new to the Elite and really eager to get on top of it. They have my quick charger too. I am sure the error code 35 will be a bigger deal than the firware. I do not expect to get the bike back anytime soon. ugh.

Speedkills

That’s funny to hear that updates are so quick. BMW Motorsports in San Francisco said it can take a while (they said it’s slow, depending on how many updates are needed). I ended up waiting in their waiting room for two hours while they applied the updates, hearing it really takes 5 minutes is a bit frustrating.

MotoMinded

My MX-R is at Elite Motorsports. (sponsor here)
When my quick charger arrived, they just slapped a shipping label on it and did not see the big dealer note on the charger stating the firmware they needed to be updated to.
LG is new to the Elite and really eager to get on top of it. They have my quick charger too. I am sure the error code 35 will be a bigger deal than the firware. I do not expect to get the bike back anytime soon. ugh.

Update: getting a new battery pack shipped out. Alta will not give an eta on the shipping date. :confused: