General Do Electric Motorcycles Ever Catch on Fire?

Butch

Poseur
Like laptops? Maybe Teslas? There is a lot on the internet, some might be true, most not.
Have Altas ever had such an issue? Other e motos?

This site is a rare source of credible information.

Do tell, if you have the goods.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
It can happen. But not nearly as often as gas engines which are literally designed to catch fire (although mostly on the inside). Nobody seems to think twice about riding around on their motorcycles with a gallon or two of highly flammable gasoline strapped next to their crotchal region, though.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I can't recall hearing of a single case of an Alta catching fire, unless possibly one of the test bikes had an incident during testing. But we would need one of the ex-alta guys to chime in on that.

privateer703

AOF Addict
There is a video of a livewire that caught "fire" but it was more a heavy smoking than a real fire...but still so karmically satisfying. But I haven't heard anything like that with the Alta.

wwmotors

I had 15 Quantya E-Bikes in my MX rentalpark. One of them cought fire standing in the garage. It was not driven and not charged that day. We found out, that the BMS was damaged and caused the Lithum Polymer cells to get undervoltage. The battery smoked for 1 hour, but we where able to repair the bike at the end with another battery.
But i think with the new BMS systems, which are way smarter than the ones from 2007, it is very unlikely, that batterys are burning, as long they are treated well and the BMS and ECUs are smart enough!

Bild005.jpg

Top Bottom