Electric Go Kart

Vextrek

New to forum so I hope this of interest. This is the Vextrek electric go kart powered by an AC-9 Motor from HPEVS.com and 1238E Curtis Controller. Lithium battery pack is 22S/21P consisting of INR Samsung 25R cells which are connected with .25 pure copper bus bars. Maximum current is about 500A with a continuous current of about 250A. Will upgrade to more powerful motor in the near future but this kart has been a lot of fun.

thumbnail_7E8F703E-1420-4507-B399-34C1FFC13B4D.jpg

thumbnail_FA3D4307-9008-4156-9FD4-3E8E81C4662E.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3883.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4284.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4333.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5201.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5817.jpg

thumbnail_2681EA24-49D1-4EB0-BF10-46047A50154D.jpg

Butch

Poseur
I ran an Emmick kart for five years. Big fun. An electric would be simpler and mor fun. Joey Hand was working for Emmick at the time. I got to drive with him a bunch. Great guy.

Vextrek

I ran an Emmick kart for five years. Big fun. An electric would be simpler and mor fun. Joey Hand was working for Emmick at the time. I got to drive with him a bunch. Great guy.
That's awesome. Once we worked out the software error codes on the Curtis controller, it became a very simple product to operate. I see that you are in California. We use a drivetrain kit from High Peformance Electric Vehicles (HPEVS) which is also in California. They have some awesome A/C motors. Thanks for your response.

Butch

Poseur
Karts are so awesome if you have resources near. I was a member of the Kinsman Kart Club and they gave you a key to the track.

yeah, back in the day. Private track for a couple hun…

Karts are the only place where I have railled at 10/10ths. Too hot into a corner? Fly of the track? No big deal. Racecar, sportbike, anything else, ther is some $$$ involved with flying off the track. Karts are way cool. Great value. With electric karts, even better.

and gee, enjoy the silence if you wanted to fart around in your neighborhood…

Vextrek

Karts are soe awesome if you have resources near. I was a member of thr Kinsman Kart Club and they gave you a key to the track.

yeah, back in the day. Private track for a couple hun…

Karts are the only place where I have railled at 10/10ths. Too hot into a corner? Fly of the track? No big deal. Racecar, sportbike, anything else, ther is some $$$ involved with flying off the track. Karts are way cool. Great value. With electric karts, even better.

and gee, enjoy the silence if you wanted to fart around in your neighborhood…
Thanks. It’s truly addictive. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve been late for dinner because I’m in the kart doing crazy stuff. :)