Flat Track - Stark Varg

Theo

Can you please comment on the comparison between ICE bikes and the Varg when:
- oversteering using the power of the motor/engine,
- oversteering using the hand operated rear brake/foot operated one and the engine brake/regenerative brake?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
An awesome build! What are the diameters and widths of those rims?

We have somewhat of a local vintage flat track club here in Havasu with a few of the retired world champions (Kenny Roberts and others). I might need to build myself a flat track bike too! :)

Andreas

Unbelievable, one ride with Kenny Roberts! (y)That would be very nice. Unfortunately only a dream for me. Please do it!
We also have such small racing series in Germany. But I mainly ride my own TT. (in the garden)

Front wheel:
Use the rim ring from Stark 19"*2.15 at the rear and the spokes. They fit 100% - and MITAS 27-7-19"
Rear wheel:
Use the rim ring from KTM 1290 19"*3.0 at the front and the newly manufactured spokes WWS 4.4-3.9 BL10 SL198 and MITAS 27.5-7.5-19"
This is the same size as American Flat Track. I think so.

You can also buy everything, but anyone can. ;)

Andreas

Can you please comment on the comparison between ICE bikes and the Varg when:
- oversteering using the power of the motor/engine,
- oversteering using the hand operated rear brake/foot operated one and the engine brake/regenerative brake?
Of course, everyone feels this personally. But I find that you can set the engine brake very small and this gives me a pleasant feeling when I oversteer and have to correct.
The rear brake on the handlebars is better than with the big boots. -Very nice

DonCox

Hi Andreas, my name is Don Cox. Philip and I got to ride on a half mile flat track with Kenny Roberts, Eddie Lawson , and others a few weeks ago. . They rented the track near here Lake Havasu Arizona. We had a lot of fun. Arnie (who is the owner of bike # 37 on the AMA Progressive Flat track series. Bronson Baumen , rider, on a KTM) gave me a flat track rear tire for my Moto bike. We had so much fun. Kenny and I are building an electric mini flat tracker. Great fun.

IMG_5897.jpeg

IMG_5996.jpeg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Here is our flat-tracking adventure:

Andreas

Hi Andreas, my name is Don Cox. Philip and I got to ride on a half mile flat track with Kenny Roberts, Eddie Lawson , and others a few weeks ago. . They rented the track near here Lake Havasu Arizona. We had a lot of fun. Arnie (who is the owner of bike # 37 on the AMA Progressive Flat track series. Bronson Baumen , rider, on a KTM) gave me a flat track rear tire for my Moto bike. We had so much fun. Kenny and I are building an electric mini flat tracker. Great fun.

View attachment 11051

View attachment 11052

That looks like an awesome power machine.
With Kenny Roberts, it's going to be a great thing.
Please write when you do a test run. The tires are really big, are they 19" - 27,5x7,5 ? What kind of engine do you have, does it have 80hp?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Please write when you do a test run. The tires are really big, are they 19" - 27,5x7,5 ? What kind of engine do you have, does it have 80hp?
:) Don mentioned that it was a mini flat tracker, but then he posted a picture of the bike that is almost as tall as Kenny Roberts himself, LOL. Very tricky photographer our Don is!

The wheels, the front fork, and the overall dimensions of this bike are borrowed from a Honda Monkey. This is going to be a mini bike. When it is done, I think we may have to find a mini racing facility for it, possibly indoors.

DonCox

It is a QS138 70H V3 motor, the controller is going to be a Votol EM260S, but we will probably only run it at about 14KW or 200A. The white box represents the battery. It will be a 20S10P 21700 cell battery. We will keep you posted on the progress.