Flux moto releases new video

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I can't tell if the LHRB is hydraulic or electric.

The video says it is an "electronic regen brake". So... no hydraulics.

I wonder how it would feel in a turn, pulling on the bottom of the chain to slow down the bike, and whether I would have to go back to using the foot brake in ruts instead.

One more reason to buy/ride the Flux to find out! :)

1697322392450.png

Marko_Flux

Indeed it's braking with the engine, instead of passively with a fixed regen amount, you're controlling the amount with the lever. Feeling-wise, it just feels like a normal hand brake.
Benefits (other than charging the battery obviously) include programming it to behave however you like (incl, antilock function) and could theoretically replace a mechanical brake alltogether.
Downside is you can't do things like "load the rear" with the chain (throttle+rear brake) and having a slight delay in the response from chain and gear slack.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I look forward to playing with a tunable e-clutch and e-brake! Exciting times are coming! Hurry up and build those bikes!

And many thanks for posting and answering all the questions, Marko.

HadesOmega

I used to have a regen thumb throttle on my Sur Ron Light Bee with my ASI BAC4000 controller and it was awesome. It made up for the bike's poor brakes. You can vary the amount of regen you want anytime. if you want to coast just don't use it. If you want to have heavy regen going down hills makes it easy you can just regen down the hill or lock the rear. You can also use it to lock the rear and back it into corners. It also helps you put power back into the battery. I miss it so much I'm going to get a EBMX X-9000 controller so I can it again. It still nice to have a mechanical brake though just in case.

using often is a double edged sword though it will heat your battery up more.