Front disc brake guard

RightHandGo

Howdy.

Who's got a beefy front disc brake guard installed? Looking for which products fit an EXR front end. While we are on the topic, wouldn't mind knowing the same info for the rear disc... metal beefy disc guard. Which fit?

Thanks.

RightHandGo

Here is info on the rear. My post is for an EX though, not sure the difference on the rear between an EX and an EXR.

Thank you for that link. I'll for sure circle back to that. I'm going to experiment tomorrow morning and see if the KTM/Husq. factory parts carrier and guard (this one) my wife has on her FE250 fits the Alta, so can go that option also. We have an EX with EXR forks on it, and since I started the thread talking about the front guard... I went with EXR as the model call out :)

The front shouldn't be tooooo hard to figure out. Just an XPLOR fork.. I just want to make sure I get the right part ordered and didn't know if anyone else had already figured it out.

Not sure what Butch is talking about :lurker: But after Sunday's ride down here in SoCal with former Baja 1000 winners, well-known magazine testers, and a general host of badass offroad riders in some insane endurocross style rock terrain, the bike(s) need maximum armor! Swingarms, brake levers, frame rails, discs, everyone's bike took a beating.

On a side note, ton of the guys had never seen an Alta up close and in action and were super impressed seeing it put thru the paces. It excels at tight and technical riding.

Here's a pic of one of our descents. You can see the line of guys (we were 20 deep) trying to make their way down after the lead few of us figured a way out. There was no trail prior to this... I just ordered an SXS skidplate also as the stock Alta EX skidplate is friggin' rubbish. Seriously why are the lower frame rails so exposed!

PXL_20210131_202837563.jpg