Has anyone tried a battery-generator like this with the Stark or Alta?

jcozine

There are a few out there like this, but so far this ALLPOWERS brand is the only one I can find that seems to have a 240v output (at least according the product manual): ALLPOWERS R3500 + B3000.

In THEORY it has 3500W output (at 240v) and 6.3kWh of capacity with the add-on module, but I wonder how that works out in reality, like if the losses involved at the charger knock down the usable current going to the bike by a lot. I already have solar set up in my van so my dream would be to let this recharge during the week, and have 1 complete re-charge available to me on the weekends, no noisy generator and all that bs.

DonCox

I don't see 240V output on this anywhere. The Anker Solix F3800 has about the same wattage, but it does have a 240VAC output., and you need the expansion module to get one full charge. Phillip just got his Stark, and he got the Anker F3800 + one expansion module. So hopefully he will get to check it all out at the track this weekend. There is a lot of posts on the Anker F3800 on this site.

jcozine

Thank you, I don't know how I missed that. Yeah it looks like it's the european version that has 240. A lot of these similar sized battery banks seem to exist in the EU market with 240. I'm half tempted to import one